SteveFD

HIK Vision DS-7204HI-S Info - Impressions Please

Since my (New) Avetech 761 is not able to FTP motion event images I was wondering if any members have any experience with the HIK DVR's and would be kind enough to help me with the following questions:

I am considering a 4 or 8 ch. unit but here cannot confirm if they have FTP or email abilities. Not metion of this facility in the manual that I downloaded from HIK's site nor in the brochure however the local distro swears it has this facility, can anybody shed some light on this.

What are your general impressions of these units in terms of build quality and reliability, firmware, ease of use etc. Additionally can these units be accessed via a mobile phone and gprs.

The HIK offerings are more expensive than those from Avertech (H264 vs MPEG4)do you think they are worth the extra money.

Thanks

Steve

UPDATE

No Email or FTP facility, techs swore email was available with a firmware revision but when we went to purchase a unit and demanded pretesting suddenly it was a different story 'oh not this model we meant the 2 X times more expensive 7000 model". Looks like I'll have to keep looking.

Hi

I just purchased the HIK Vision DS-7204HI-VS TODAY after checking out a few 4 channel units to compare it at a very cool place near me, not only did they demonstrate it but they will help me set it up to go and if i dont like it i can get another one so stand by

Why i chose it so far,

Works with our iPhone,

Said to be solid as a rock,

Has all the common features larger unites offer but just channels and just less bells and whistles on the back bigger units offer for commercial environments

The guys at the shop say it does ftp and send email alerts with pictures etc.

http://linovision.en.alibaba.com/viewimg/picture.html?picture=http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/284796149/DVR_application_to_make_Hikvision_DVR_access.jpg

But is this the same model?

here is a manual

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:K9SSitEq8WMJ:www.hikvision.com/en/uploadfile/User%2520Manual%2520of%2520the%2520DS-7204HI-VS%2520Net%2520DVR%2520V2.pdf+Hikvision+DS-7204HI-s-vs+reviews&hl=en&gl=es&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgOfkbBrkidoViEDtkhoM4P_wEdPl0uEIbAZH174VHKmh9pF68_jTCCpq7IwL2woQRyyaoiCJkLZvmQvdBfMNg_KWAk7ZJOqqp81BxOqPOfoDp4ziopAtZ5LIlkTEH7ifhYAHAf&sig=AHIEtbQHYtG0mP0nfth231Fj52p3r_Blew

This is a 18 month old thread, but I will add something to it;

I have installed many DS-7204HI-VS DVRs (same as DS-7204HI-S, just with VGA output), and for me they are a great DVR for its price. Ease of use, reliability, software -> great, they can be accessed from mobile devices (like iphone). I would love to see an upgraded/revised model with D1 real time support, but I doubt that will happen.

And I am 100% positive that with 7204 I have seen models that had email support, and others that didn't. Never really bothered with FTP, since I have never used it. But I have configured email support when there is movement for some clients; and I know for sure that more than one time, I have looked for the email options, and they were nowhere to be found. Luckily it was for customers that did not need the option, so it was not a big deal.

I will add that in about 3 years I have purchased this DVRs as HIKVISION from 3 different sources, branded with 3 different names (HIKVISION, and 2 other names). I am sure that I have used in time many different versions of the firmware.

This camera has the feature

HIKVISION H.264 IP BASED DOME CAMERAS FULL D1 REAL TIME

* Power over Ethernet (POE)

* 420, 480 & 540 TVL Versions Available

* .0 Lux F1.2

* 12 VDC

* 3.5mm - 9mm Lens

* 1/50 - 1/100,000s Shutter Speed

* Full D1 (704x480)

* REAL TIME Recording

* Works with all versions of HIK Client & DVR Server Software

* Camera, Software & License Included

$599.00 to 799.00 Price Range Call for Dealer Pricing

Yikes

Edited by Guest

Huh... what feature? He was speaking about a DVR, so I am not sure how you can compare an IP camera to a 4ch DVR...

True

So why not a upgrade all these years?

I guess it depends on what you need