jiffter

Remote control (i think)

Hi,

I'm a complete novice at this so please be patient with me if i appear to be talking nonsense.

I've just bought myself a geovision GV-800 card with 16 camera connection.It's all been installed and working fine on the computer with 4 cameras,more to be added later. Now i'm trying to get to grips with the finer details of setting it up,the main one, being able to look at the cameras from another computer where ever i may happen to be,for example in this country or abroad. I've tried looking through the instruction manual and installaton manual but it's really making my head hurt because i basically don't understand what to do to set it up.

PLEASE,can anyone help in the most simple instruction language possible so i can get my head round this. It seems to be a fabulous piece of kit and i look forward to getting to grips with it.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm a complete novice at this so please be patient with me if i appear to be talking nonsense.

I've just bought myself a geovision GV-800 card with 16 camera connection.It's all been installed and working fine on the computer with 4 cameras,more to be added later. Now i'm trying to get to grips with the finer details of setting it up,the main one, being able to look at the cameras from another computer where ever i may happen to be,for example in this country or abroad. I've tried looking through the instruction manual and installaton manual but it's really making my head hurt because i basically don't understand what to do to set it up.

PLEASE,can anyone help in the most simple instruction language possible so i can get my head round this. It seems to be a fabulous piece of kit and i look forward to getting to grips with it.

Many thanks in advance.

Basically, the computer that runs your cameras has an address on the internet. To connect to it, you must "go to" that address with the remote computer that wants to see the cameras.

It is likely that the remote computer will need a program to see the cameras and that program will probably come from the computer that runs the cameras.

So, get and install the program on the remote computer and see if you can "go to" the computer that runs the cameras.

To learn where "to go" you'll need the computers IP address, get it here:

www.whatismyip.com

When/if that doesn't work, we'll go to the next step. Let us know how you make out.