Sign in to follow this  
raydaffurn

Help with DVR Install not too sure what cables what

I am trying to set up a camera to my dvr and on the back of the dvr there is a loop and input connection for each camera (I think these inputs are called bnc inputs (male??) from googling it), on the camera i have there is 2 cables one is the same as the one on the back of the dvr and obvioulsy does not fit and the other cable i am not sure of.

I just need to know what other cables i require to attach the dvr to the camera and also where each cable goes, this is my forst install so not got a clue about input loop or anything.

Having a look on ebay there is a bnc to bnc (female to female RG58?) that looks like i would connect this to the bnc on the dvr then onto the bnc on the camera. The other one on the back of the camera maybe some sort of audio? if anyone can advise that would be great.

Also how do i hook up to watch on a tv, its a new plasma so has various inputs. I have pics of this but cant post as i have just registered.

Cheers

the loop connections on the dvr are outputs from the input signal (camera) do not' connect any cameras to the loop out, just used for connecting to monitors, ect.

the other connection on the camera is most likely the power? if it's a 3rd set of wires it is most likely the data control side of the cam...

you need to include the model & type of dvr & camera here so we can explain better

i just sent you a private message with the address to the pics, i cant post it to the message as i am a new member so if you could that would be great.

so to connect to the tv i would need bnc to whatever is on the back of tv and this goes in the loop bit.

so to connect the camera to dvr is this bnc to bnc fem-fem? and the other one is a 12v dc power connector?

info on the camera below:

Image sensor

Sony 1/3" color CCD and B/W CCD

Resolution

Color: 480 TV line , Black/White: 600TV line

Color System PAL/NTSC

Illumination 0.001Lux /F1.2, 0 Lux with IR LED on

Effective night-vision range 50m-80m (with16mm lens, 45 degree)

Lens 16mm

IR LEDs 30pcs LED

IR Led Average life

20,000 hours

IR wavelength

84uint 840nM

Scanning system 2:1 Interlace

S/N Ratio: > 52dB

Electronic shutter 1/50 - 1/100,000 sec

White balance Auto

Back Light compensation Auto

Gain control Auto

Video out 1.0V p-p 75? (BNC connector (male))

Operator temperature

-20--+50

Power requirement DC12V +10%, 1,000mA (LEDs on)

Dimension 120mm (Dia) x 220mm (L)

?action=view&current=cam1.jpg

?action=view&current=cam2.jpg

?action=view&current=dvr1.jpg

?action=view&current=dvr2.jpg

connectors; BNC is video, other is a 2.1mm power. get a 2.1mm pigtail and connect the power to it. make SURE that you connect the positive to the center pin as the outer metal ring is negative. if you get that wrong you'll blow the camera

dvr; loop is as described above.....each loop video output represents the camera connected. the monitor & call are video outputs and are programmed within the dvr software and can have multiple camera's on either output. you can get a bnc to RCA connector that will allow you to connect into a rca jack on most televisions. don't try to convert to anything else.....

bnc..yep.....you can't screw that up either....bnc connects to bnc only.

Just to confirm so i get this right:

for the camera to dvr i need a female bnc to female bnc and to watch on tv i need bnc female to rca.

Just want to confirm I need bnc female connectors.

Also is there part codes for these as i have seen various ones, if you could confirm the correct one:

bnc to rca: ax58 - ebay Item number: 320348468824, ab58? - Item number: 320346336766

and for bnc to bnc part ref rg58?

and with the pigtail for the power supply how do i connect it up as i defo do not want to blow the camera, looking at pics of it i just cant work it out.

cheers for the help so far.

BNC connector, cables; http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/CBL-35/25-BNC-BNC-CABLE-RG-59/-/1.html pre-made cable just to give you an idea on how it looks. yes these work fine....just cheaper than built cables and better than the real cheap pre-made cables.

BNC Connectors; http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/BNC-59/BNC-CONNECT.-FOR-RG-59-62-3-PIECE-/-/1.html you'll need a crimper.....it is smart to buy your cable, connectors, and crimper from one source to ensure compatability.

BNC to RCA Adapter; http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/BNC-RCA/BNC-FEMALE-TO-RCA-MALE/-/1.html Don't try to terminate a RCA connection.they are a pain. Just build a RG with BNC conectors and then adapter to RCA

2.1mm power cable; http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/CB-204/2-CABLE-W/-2.1MM-COAX-POWER-PLUGS-BOTH-ENDS/-/1.html I used to cut these in half and connect to cameras....and I like the fact that they are color correct. just connect your power supply + to 12vdc positive RED and - to 12vdc negative BLACK, thenconnect to camera, turn on power.

hope this helps more.............