Back up Drive customer can take home?

I have a customer with a GV800-16 running 8.2 who just purchased a 1TB External HDD. They want to have all the videos record on both the HDD's in the DVR as well as on the USB drive so they can take the USB drive home and review all of the videos without haveing to go through the internet which is just to slow at this site. Is this possible? How? I don't want it to be used as a regular storage drive but instead as a backup or duplicate of what's on the storage drives.

why do "clients" & "owners" always want it to work fast? You can only watch 8 hours of video in 8 hours.

I would try using a remote access program like Logmein or VNC viewer..if it is compatable with Geo? I'm not a Geo guy........using a remote type service will give them a better speed since the video is retained on the server and viewed via remote......no downloading outside the streaming remote connection.

I went thru this with another client. I spent the money on a 500Gb USB drive so they could "take it home", but..after all my help it turns out they thought the reviewing of 8 hours would be faster at home?

You can do aggressive object type searches if dealing with the video on a local device but the overall effort is a waste of time. I tell my clients that the recorded video is recorded for a reason. To review IF something happens that requires evidence of facts. Anything outside of that is not how DVR's were designed.

I use Logmein on most of my servers since it has a quality setting which you can set based on interet speed. Again, if your client is doing this at 5 pm they are hitting peak and speed is going to be crap. VNC sometimes has issues passing the video......