muddweiser

Any reccomendations for low-mid range cams for a new DVR?

Sorry to flood the boards with what I am sure are easy questions, but I have NO experience when it comes to CCTV and was asked to research DVRs and Cameras for a new installation...

Long story short = apartment complex owner would like to implement a budget system for monitoring the front/rear entrances to the building, as well as the "common area" tv/lounge...

Really don't need anything fancy but we want to be able to identify who enters/leaves the building...

We require:

* IR night vision of at least 30feet

* wide angle? (30 feet wide at 25 feet away from camera)

* maybe 420-480 lines? (is this adequate?)

BUDGET: About $120-150 each...

Again sorry for what may be an easy question but I don't know whats what or even where to buy it? (ebay maybe?)

Any model #'s and advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

This camera works real well for its price range . The IR claims to work in 150 ft but it does 50ft easy.And thats in pitch black.

What i really like about this camera is, if there is a streetlight 100ft to 200 ft away or your complex is lit descently then thats all u need! It works real well in low light.

Once you buy an item from these guys they start sending emails on specials just for customers that purchased items from them.

This camera goes down to 85 dollars with free shipping you cant beat that price for this type of camera!

Buy one or to 2 then when u get that email special ,buy a bunch thats what i did! I been having mine for 2 years and still going!

This camera is not the best neither the cheapest.

If your on a low budget This is ONE of the best ways to go.Especially when its on sale

Hope this helps you and others!!! http://www.cctvimports.com/bullet-cameras-infrared-bullet-cameras-c-3_106_118/cbiv8948h-49-eg-infrared-vari-focal-weatherproof-bullet-p-653 This camera is ajustable 4mm to 8mm