eebozz

Can't view cameras via Internet Explorer

I'm still very new to all this. I think ,I have everything set up right, I've done my port forwarding and registered a domain name. I can go onto my laptop and desktop and view my dvr with my pc viewer software, but when I try typing in my IP address or my domain name in the IE search window a box comes up asking for my username/password for my router. I thought that my( pc viewer )username/password box would show up instead. Am I missing something? I'm only a few weeks into this stuff, and I really don't know what the hell I am doing... I would appriciate any help on this.

There should be a setting in your router to disable remote administration. Turn that off and your port forwarding should work. (Port 80)

Okay, after tweeking my router configs , firewall and active x, I can now view my cameras when I enter the dvr IP address ,But only from my desktop computer. When I enter my dvr's IP address on my laptop I get (cannot display webpage ) I'm almost there, But I can't think of what is causing my laptop to not be able to connect. I know it has to be something simple. I would be happy to hear any suggestions...

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G2 router and a Ray sharp dvr, But I'm pretty sure my problem is with a setting on my laptop. Because, I can now view the cameras through IE from my desktop.

It sounds like active X controls on your laptop, what Operating system is on your laptop?

I am using (Vista ) on my laptop and XP on my desktop. I have all the active x functions enabled.