RichInFL

Pelco-D PTZ support in Network DVR?

I am very new to CCTV/DVR...

I recently purchased a Pelco Spectra IV series dome camera. The retailer also sold me a KPD Series 616 DVR.

As near as I can tell the KPD Series 616 DVR appears to not meet my requirements. I may be missing something.

What I wanted was to be able to remotely access the video and remotely control the PTZ features via the Internet, as well as recording the video. I can find no reference to controlling the camera in the manual for the DVR. Am I missing something obvious? The only reference to the RS485 port is that it is for an "Optional keyboard controller". It does not indicate that the unit supports Pelco-D protocol, nor do any of the screen shots or the remote have any indication that they can control PTZ features of the camera.

Did I get a bum steer on the KPD Series 616? Or does it support the Pelco-D protocol to control the camera?

If not, can someome enlighten me as to what it is I really need. Ultimately I plan to add more cameras, but wanted to get the system running with one to start with.

Thanks, Rich

On page 28 in the manual I found there is a menu called REMOTE. Thats where you make your settings and you can choose Pelco D for protocol it claims.