ronbo

pelco keyboard & software telementry

this may also be moved into geovision forum but lets start hear first,

we will be getting the Geovision 1240 card with the nessissary PTZ card

we have a pelco 300A keyboard which i will be connecting in direct mode now will be controling 3 pelco domes in total.

my question is, will using both the pelco keyboard and the 8.3 geovision software to control the domes cause any kind of problem?

any thoughts welco

The heavy-duty solution would be to use the Pelco CM9760-DMR data merger, it will also allow merging D and P protocol streams, but it is awfully expensive. Definitely try the diode way first, but I used this to distribute out to 12+ Spectra's with no problems.

ya they are very expensive for what they are, would it be fine if i just use one or the other i imagen it is as there is no data flowing from different transtitters?

I'm pretty certain the GE/Kalatel KTD-312 will do the same thing as the Pelco CM9760-DMR and it is a bit cheaper: approximately $230-240 vs. Pelco's $400+.

And no, you can not connect two controllers simultaneously to the same line. That could short out one or both since they may put a continuous DC voltage on the line, even if there is no control signal being sent.

i can never understand why matrx are so expensive, i suppose appart from the diode method a double poll switch for the operator to press would alow him to switch between the two if one failed.

come to think of it i cant understand why pelco is so expensive, i mean 350 quid for a keyboard which looks like it came with an Atari or Commador 64?