paranoid

NV5000 No signal showing, no errors, no messages ???

Hi all,

Just installed a new nv5000 on a brand new xp pro system running no other software apart from avg anti virus and win xp firewall.

Everything installed without any errors or warnings but I cannot view any cameras, and i know they are all working, the dvr viewer opens as normal but there are no cameras displaying, worse is the fact that there are no errors, warnings or messages ?

Could it be the onboard 32mb graphics ? There are no warnings about the graphic chip and it appears to be working fine.

Any help much appreciated, its a bit difficult to know whats wrong when the dvr software tells me nothing is wrong.

Thanks

onboard is most likely the prob. can you see any recorded viedo via a seperate player? If yes, then it's onboard. Did you spec this out as recommended by Avermedia?

I'm pretty sure they recommend 128mb or higher, and specific video cards are recommended.

Thanks for the reply.

I didnt spec according to avermedia guidleines, the box is a server that was never used so I was hoping it would be ok. Im happy to solve problems, but it just a bit difficult to find out what they are.

There are no recorded or live signals to view, its almost as if the card is simply not recognising that a camera has been attached to any of its inputs.

The server is an acer altos g330 mk11 with an intel xeon 3ghz, im wondering if the mobo's main chipset is on avermedias 'no' list.

Thanks

did you go into the camera settings and enable/program the cameras connected?

recommended specs are best and anything "less" is a crapshoot. If you need this for any type of security I'd recommend that you go with the specs since this type of security is NOT something to entrust to older baseline equipment.

Thanks, ive now got it running on a much older, more out of date, p4 system.

Unfortunately I have vertical signal shake on all 4 cams which doesnt happen when the same cams and cables are attached to a standalone averdigi dvr ???

Any help would be great, i bought the nv5000 for its extensive search capabilities and these will be rendered pretty much useless by vertical shake on all 4 feeds.

Thanks in advance

when "scraping" together CCTV systems you sometimes win and sometimes loose........Good Time Charlie Sings The Blues!

Helping you with this problem is like tryimg to put a puzzel together in a closet..........you might get it together but the picture maybe a bit wrong in some places. Your trying to use a "new" card in a "old" system and Avermedia will tell you that "it's NOT recommended" because it's NOT recommended. I do appreciate budget systems but when it comes to recommended hardware you need to expect poor results.

Your comment that you got the NV5000 because it is a decent card and then you kinda slight Avermedia because your having issues..........your creating the issues, not Avermedia................get it?

We can recommend all sorts of possible solutions but we always start at the basics;

- update ALL drivers

- spec hardware for compatability

- read the manual

- search the web for possible help

- buy some more beer and then post your issues here

I'm not trying to slam you but I think Avermedia cards are pretty decent for the money spent and I learned a long time ago that if you build a system with scraps you end up with a scraped system.......

ok, I'm out....too long and windy

Actually i solved the issue by reinstalling and uninstalling the avermedia software several times, its all caused by the avermedia auto driver install which runs a macro on the mouse to click the windows whql warnings.

This auto click install is not a good idea imho

Thanks