analogkid

Dome and Camera Lens Maint.

A good portion of my camera domes get invaded by spider webs and such. Being new to this field I was curious as to the best approach in dealing with this problem. What is the recommended cleaner or cleaning method, as to not scratch the domes? Also I was thinking I could spray some bud spray up and around the housing, at least it seems like a good idea for now. Last question, some of my camera domes have been spray painted or had bumper stickers placed on them. Any ideas on how to remove this stuff without damaging the domes?

What style of domes are we talking about? How hard would they be to simply seal up?

As for cleaning them... I usually just use something like Windex Wipes - I have a small pack that I carry in my maintenance kit. If they're going to be in an area where they get direct rainfall, I'll follow that up with a treatment of Rain-X.

I dunno about removing stickers and paint, though... could try something like GooGone or maybe isopropyl alcohol...

What style of domes are we talking about? How hard would they be to simply seal up?

As for cleaning them... I usually just use something like Windex Wipes - I have a small pack that I carry in my maintenance kit. If they're going to be in an area where they get direct rainfall, I'll follow that up with a treatment of Rain-X.

I dunno about removing stickers and paint, though... could try something like GooGone or maybe isopropyl alcohol...

The camera's I work with are all outdoors, being mostly Infinova's and Pelco's. From what I can tell both manufactures use the same enclosure and dome's. I never thought about using Rain-X, interesting. Thanks for the response.

Actually, since we have a lot of fuel services customers, I find the Rain-X particularly helpful for cameras inside car washes. It doesn't completely stop the enclosures getting mucked up (especially the ones that get the soap spray), but it does help extend the time required between cleanings.

these domes which get invaded by spiders wouldnt have IR illuminators built in would they ?

i have moved away from those and gone to either using cameras which dont require IR because their minimum illumination is 0.00004 lux in night use.........

or i mount the IR seperately from the camera

end of spider problem

these domes which get invaded by spiders wouldnt have IR illuminators built in would they ?

i have moved away from those and gone to either using cameras which dont require IR because their minimum illumination is 0.00004 lux in night use.........

or i mount the IR seperately from the camera

end of spider problem

I'd bet dollars to donuts you're right. IR attracts bugs, which attracts spiders, who promptly spin a big web in/around your IR dome or bullet-cam.

It's yet one more reason to go with day/night domes and separate illuminators.