DeathtoToasters1

Are there any decent wireless cctv cameras??

I currently have a hardwired 7 cam system with a geovision dvr system. Everything works fine, but I want to add a few more cameras.

There is no way to hardwire them at all. I might be able to get power, but coax and/or cat5 is not possible.

I have found some wireless cameras online but the receivers don't have BNC outputs for me to integrate into geovision dvr.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

What kind of outputs DO they have?

Well they have RCA ends, and I do know that I can get a adapter to make them bnc.....but usually the quality is terrible.

I guess my next question would be, can I take a high quality IP wireless camera and integrate it into the geovision system? Does the geovision software allow me to enter a IP address for a camera and put it into the normal monitoring like the hardwire cameras?

Thanks for the help!

I use BNC-to-RCA adapters all the time (and RCA-to-BNC), they make no difference to the image quality whatsoever. If you've had problems with them in the past, they were either of EXTREMELY low quality (and I mean EXTREMELY poor - I've used dollar-store adapters in a pinch with no problems), or they were dirty/corroded, or you had a really weak video signal to begin with.

As for IP, I don't deal with GeoVision, but I believe they have IP support in their later versions. The catch is that you have to use cameras that are supported in the software; you'll need to check their website for a list (or someone here might pipe up with that info).

I 2nd that soundy- rca to bnc adapters are common

I have used heaps of wireless cameras and hardwired and connected wireless transmitters to them, hundreds of meters

even a km on one site,

the antenna and transmitter o/p power is the key, need to be punching a decent signal out .5 to 1w or so, and the antenna is important, needs to be directional for cheapies and or high gain...

I use the TP link 2.4ghz range..

I 2nd that soundy- rca to bnc adapters are common

I have used heaps of wireless cameras and hardwired and connected wireless transmitters to them, hundreds of meters

even a km on one site,

the antenna and transmitter o/p power is the key, need to be punching a decent signal out .5 to 1w or so, and the antenna is important, needs to be directional for cheapies and or high gain...

I use the TP link 2.4ghz range..

Do you have any suggestions then for wireless cameras and/or wireless transmitters that have worked well for you?

Also I see that you work with geovision. Do you know what the process is for getting a wireless ip camera to integrate into the geovision system?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can find the compatible IP cameras at our website at:

http://www.geovision.com.tw/upload/en/Datasheet_NVRV83.pdf

The last page of the data sheet shows the compatible IP cameras. There is an additional licensing fee to use 3rd party cameras.

Adding IP cameras to the system is done by going to Tools > Config > IP Camera install

Please feel free to contact our technical support department's live chat at www.usavisionsys.com and click on the live chat link on the left side for more in-depth support, thanks!

--

Tim Shen / Account Executive

USA Vision Systems, Inc.