Soundy

"Octopus" adapter - anyone done this?

We've got a number of these older HICAP (ComArt) DVR cards that use a pair of HD-15 VGA-type connectors with 8-input breakout cables for inputs. All the newer machines use the XECAP cards with a DVI-I type I/O connector for 16 in/2 out. When I need to swap in one of my HICAP-based loaners for a site with the newer machines, of course, it means swapping all the BNC connections as well.

So I'm thinking... DVI-I female connector... chunk of multi-core cable (got a ton of it from some old 3M intercoms)... pair of male VGA connectors... a little soldering, and I've got an adapter cable so I can just drop an older loaner into a site with the newer octopus without a lot of messing around.

I've already toned out both connectors so I have all the pinouts, but before I actually start soldering anything, I'm wondering... has anyone here done anything like this, or better yet, SEEN such an adapter commercially available?

The other problem I'm having is actually finding a solder-lug female DVI connector... in fact, so far I haven't even been able to find a DVI extender cable that I could chop the female end from. Anyone have any ideas who might make these things?