FarmerCharlie

Sound problem with NV3000

I am having problems with sound on my NV3000. I have a microphone going into my sound card and the sound card line output going into the input of the AverMedia sound card daughter board. I know the sound is being recorded, because I can playback files using the remote access from another computer on my network. But I can not make playbacks play sound on the computer with the card installed. And the MPEG conversions I make on that computer have no sound. I also noticed during the original installation that I could not make the system play audible sounds when alarms are detected. Don't know if that is related.

I could use a work-around by doing my MPEG conversions on the remote computer. But using the remote computer, if I try to select the beginning and ending of the clip, nothing happens. So, I can make MPEG conversions on the computer with the card installed, but there is no sound. And I can play recordings with sound on a remote computer, but can't make a recording. Sort of a catch22 I guess.

Any ideas? Except for this, I am very pleased with the system.

Charles