tjhanes

Using Flexwatch Network Video SErver....

..to stream CCTV video to the internet. I am having issues with some clients not being able to view the video feed on the web page. (The web page uses a java applet to stream the video). I think it may be a corporate network issue on the client side. Is there a way to code the web page so that it tunnels through their network and allows them to view the video? Thanx.

As a web developer, I can tell you that it is probably due to the fact that not everyone has java installed on their computer, thus making your video not accessible. You can either switch to activex, or link them to www.java.com to download the plugin for their computer.

Thanx for the reply. That was the first thing I check with each of those users, is to be sure that they have java installed or i instruct them how to install it. Any other thoughts? do you not think that its a corporate firewall of some sort on their end that is preventing them from viewing?

i had a problem using Fire Fox with Java Applets, i downloaded the new version as I was developing an applet, and now I can view all web pages with java with no issues, in FireFox and IE ..