Bara63

Zmodo 16 Ch Dvr

Hi, All I bought this Zmodo standalone 16 ch DVR to replace an older 8 ch on from a US based CO. The problem I am having is. I can,t get it to streem over the network or internet, I fowarded the ports to my Router. I can see the screen divisions on my computer but no video. Help anyone??

Thanks

Hi,

I have seen this when the PC video card is below the standard required especially on some older laptops.

Not familiar with this DVR brand but thought I would reply. Have you tried another PC??

Hope this helps

Mike

Thanks for posting those links - I'm still having an issue however getting my 4ch Zmodo online locally. I get the viewer to come up - I enter 192.168.1.104 (Ip of dvr on network) and login and it fails every time with this error:

Connect Failed (2) Reason(-3) no stream timeout

I've set up the DVR in my router as DMZ as I heard this open all ports without setting the port ranges etc... Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Steve

Katie was right, I thought you may haven't access the Active X installation, you may adjust your IE cookie with "low" level, and open that again see if has topic on IE need access Active X installation.

check it man!

I have a zmodo dvr. In order to get the streaming in your case, I had to switch to turn off the internet protection mode.

The problem I am continuing to have is that streaming stops after 30 seconds and sometimes up to five minutes later. No reason given; it just freezes. The technical support people haven't been able to figure it out. The same problem happens on all three of my computers, even when viewing remotely. I've adjusted the active x settings per the instructions in the manual.

Any ideas out there? The dvr is essentially useless for playback since it freezes up after 30 seconds also.

I never did get my 4ch one to work right streaming wise. Also it's got a funky fwd/rew issues now when reviewing what was recorded. Plays fine at normal or 1x - 2x speed but as soon as it's 3x fwd or rew it races on it's own to 4x, 5x, 6x, and back to 1x. Really annoying is trying to fast forward or rewind over a couple hours...

On my IE9, Windows 7, laptop, I could not get my Zmodo system to stream the video over the network or internet. I have four other machines, all IE8 and XP that worked perfectly.

I tried all the many suggested fixes, Activex permissions, ocx updates, low security settings, etc. I was using the viewer that came with the H9104 package. I could not get it to cooperate. All I got was the camera grids with no video. Oddly enough occasionally it WOULD work and I thought I had it fixed. Next time - nothing.

I finally discovered that another viewer was on the install disc that came with the 9104 package. It is Netviewer_ENU_V2.1.584.0.exe. It is found online, but I didn't try to download it from there. If you can't find it, let me know here and I'll try to email a copy to you.

It worked for me.

jim