phone01

New to the world of CCTV and typing

I am a telephone man by choice, but the world of telecommunications is moving towards voice over IP, which I don't fully understand, at this time, but will learn. So beings I am learning can someone point me in wright direction for a basic education on CCTV, so not to waste space and others time on beginners questions.

Thanks

Merrill[/b]

I'd recommend doing a web searcg for "broadband forum" and then follow those links to a site that you prefer. Then start reading. You may want to learn the basics of networking before you try to learn a new. This forum also has a networking section that can add to your learning travels. Good luck and happy routing (port forwarding) to ya!

I think he is asking about understanding CCTV specificaly Many distributors will offer what they call "training" programs which include CCTV Installations. I have attended several put on by the sales reps for Speco ProVideo and Silent Witness... The problem is they are more oriented towards teaching you how to promote their products vs. how to install them. Still I learned, with alot of trial and error, enough to do more basic residential CCTV systems integrated via Structured Wiring Panels / Modulators. You may want to contact your local ADI Distributor as they put on many around the nation. Forums like these also can take you where the basic training leaves off, if you don't mind getting "typers cramp"

Thanks for the direction, spoke to an account rep at ADI

they said they would notify me the next class of CCTV for Dummies

Which i will attend