tlawrence

Pictures "jump" on monitor when selecting differen

just wondered if anyone knows how to stop this? When you select a a new camera to be shown on the monitor, the new image "jumps" for a second before settling into a good image. this also happens when its on sequance.

I have sorted this problem many years ago, but I cant remember how to do it again!!! I think its something to do with the sync, but hopefully someone can tell me how we can get a "seemless" switch between cameras on the monitors.

Thank you.

It sounds like you have a simple switcher rather than a multiplexer. The problem is indeed the vertical sync. Either the sources need to be in synch (genlocked) or the switcher needs circuitry to overcome this.

Some monitors are better than others in relocking to new synch, so it may be an annoying problem on one and tolerable on another.

Thanks Squiffy. In fact the system is a DM sprite 2 that has all its cameras fed into our Crestron system. The pictures are viewable on touchscreens all around the house and the DM can be controlled from each touchscreen with correct access rights. I will look into the sync issue a bit more.

thanks

Do all of your cameras get its power from the same source. I have also seen this happen with phase imbalance.