Sign in to follow this  
DisTreSs

cheapest of the cheap...

Hi,

new to the cctv scene, I'm only looking for a very cheap solution to have a little added security for my home.

I'm living away from any other houses so wifi comes to mind as interference will probably not be an issue.

I came across several eBay cams around 60$ and am wondering what kind of quality they offer. I know it won't be great (CMOS instead of CCD to start with) so I'm coming in with very low expectations, I just want to have something comparable to the standard slew of skype-oriented Logitech and Microsoft webcams in terms of PQ...

And of course some form of reliability and longevity would be nice

If you're looking for really good pricing you can look on our site at our auction section. Some of those cameras go for like... 20-40 bucks and there new 60+ dollar cameras. Just gotta be quick like ebay

Also are you looking to record or something you can just switch to that Imput on your system and view the camera?

If you're looking for really good pricing you can look on our site at our auction section. Some of those cameras go for like... 20-40 bucks and there new 60+ dollar cameras. Just gotta be quick like ebay

Also are you looking to record or something you can just switch to that Imput on your system and view the camera?

Thx for the reply

I actually saw a wifi cam on ebay (can't post the link yet since I haven't reached the minimum post amount) that was remote controllable with regards to PTZ, had the ability to accept an SD card for recording, contained a webserver, automatic email on motion detection, etc...

It pretty much had everything I wanted for 60USD delivered but ofcourse I realise that PQ-wise it won't be the greatest. I just don't know how bad it will actually be...

I would like to install one of these in a sheltered spot on the outside of the house and one on the inside...

Maybe the one on the inside can even double as a regular webcam?

If it could come close to delivering the same PQ as, let's say, the Logitech Quickkcam 9000 (which, I admit, is probably not a real benchmark by your standards), I think the price is fair for what it delivers.

I agree you have some great things on your site though, however, when looking at the cams only, I will be looking at the same price and would then still have to look for ways to connect it etc. For once in my life I'm looking for the quick fix instead of turning everything I'm looking to buy into a new hobby of mine