thriftwayerics

AV Tech 780W DVR Motion Detection

I have a AV Tech 780w that according to the specs can do motion trigger recording. I was under the impression that it could do internal motion detection and did not need an external sensor. Is this true? If so where are the "Motion Trigger Record" settings?

Thanks In Advance!

hi..

i have the 16 channel, not sure if is the same programming...

but under RECORD, turn MOTION TRIGGER RECORD : ON

for each camera turn it to event.. you need to enable each for motion..

need more info, if it IS the same programming, perhaps email me the manual...if it is, i can show you on my online demo, how its done..

Rory

I also have a 16 channel non network model by AV777 (I think the model is correct) that has the motion trigger record option in the menu. And according to the manual for the 780w it also has motion trigger recording but there is no option in the menus. But the person who supplied these to me swears that neither the 16ch or the 4ch will do internal motion sensing.

mine is the LAN one, but that part is the same. I have it sitting right here in front of me with the little "running man" figure and the internal alarm going off whenever a car passes

its online too, http://www.bahamassecurity.com

click on demo...

rory

Unfortunately, the AV-780W does not record on camera motion detection. It only uses motion detection for video search, which is a bit odd. I'm not sure why it was made that way (perhaps an internal s/w glitch they couldn't fix?).

Other than that the unit provides good video resolution and because it uses MPEG-2 compression, network video quality is above average also.

I would recommend this model only for customers that need triplex function and use network video extensively. Good luck.

I guess I have one now that I have to try and sell. I need a good 4 channel unit that is network ready with the correct motion detection and that is viewable by a webrowser. Do you know if there are any upgrade for the software for this unit to "fix" it?

There is no software fix that I'm aware of for this model. Unfortunately, I don't have a model that fits your needs at this time (although we're scheduled to release a new product line at the upcoming ISC West show which would be perfect for you).

If you are shopping around for a similar model that offers motion triggered recording function, just indicate your budget on your post and I'm sure you'll get at least 5 offers by the weekend. Good luck.