choco

Software API Compatibility

Hey,

I have 2 cameras sites with different camera companies and softwares. Here are the details

Loc A : 15 Analog cameras: Axis Software

Loc B : 6 Analog Cameras : Pelco Software

I am sending these video feeds to a third location where they are viewing it remotely via the internet. Is there anyway that i can run a common software to view the camera feeds instead of installing two camera software?

Well, if both systems have a webserver, you can easily view both in the same browser (either on separate tabs, or side-by-side windows).

If your IP cameras use a streaming standard like RTSP, you might be able to use something like VLC to view a combination of them (though that might require each camera in its own VLC window).

or you could use a 3rd party NVR software like ExacqVision

D-oh!

or you could use a 3rd party NVR software like ExacqVision

D-oh!

Well I am assuming that he is using Axis and Pelco encoders to get the Analog cameras in the network. Also ExacqVision has Hybrid Servers so he could sell the encoders to offset the cost. One server at each location and he can log in with the client software and view all of the cameras in the same interface.

Could probably sell off the Pelco DVR for a pretty penny and just plop in another Axis, for that matter... those things are incredibly over-priced!

Choco,

VMS manufacturers rarely support the recorders/servers of other manufacturers. The category of software that provides a single view of multiple manufacturer's VMS feeds is called PSIM (see http://ipvideomarket.info/companies/PSIM ). PSIM is quite expensive (minimally tens of thousands) so it's only for big deployments.

Unless you are willing to spend lots of money on PSIM software, you need to get rid of one of the current recorders and use a single manufacturer's solution for both sites.

Not an efficient result but the reality of the situation. There are also no interoperability standards for VMS systems that will resolve this anytime soon.