embedded_tom

Serial port usage on Intellicam?

Does anyone know what the serial port Console function on an Intellicam DVR can be used for? No reply from Intellicam yet.

I'm hoping that I could change the settings "on the fly" for an idea I have.

Thanks.

Tom

Hi Tom,

It is my understanding that this port is used for access in case the unit needs to be restored?? I have never had to use this feature so I can't comment on exactly how this is done or what other "access" can be accomplished using that port.

I did reply to your email but have had some issues with email as of late. I have since resolved it.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Tom,

It is my understanding that this port is used for access in case the unit needs to be restored?? I have never had to use this feature so I can't comment on exactly how this is done or what other "access" can be accomplished using that port.

I did reply to your email but have had some issues with email as of late. I have since resolved it.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Mike. Sounds like the Console mode wouldn't work, but it also can be used as a keyboard input. Do you have any information on how that's used? I can't even find anybody selling keyboards that say they are for it!

Tom