Dyne

Q-See QSD9004 Email Alert When Detecting Motion Doesn't Work

I recently purchased from Costco a Q-See QSD9004 4-channel DVR. I have tried numerous times unsuccessfully to setup the Email alert in the DVR software. I do have the system up and running perfectly, and I have been able to setup the remote monitoring on the internet, as well as the motion detection recording.

However, I just cannot get the email alert to work. I've tried it many times, attempting it with the following types of email accounts to send from (and have verified all smtp information, etc):

-My isp's email account (NYC Time Warner Cable)

-Hotmail

-Gmail

-an internet pop account

I've also tried different "send to" accounts, and have been unsuccessful. I've called q-see but they haven't been able to give me an answer. Has anyone had an issue with this and a q-see system before? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum...

It is very likely your ISP is blocking port 25 ( out going mail ). You may have to buy a third party service in order to get this to work. Our DVR's are also able to send email but our area's ISP ( Comcast ) blocks port 25. We use no-ip.com. Very reasonable.

Hope this has helped.

Mike

Interesting... that could be it. I use Time Warner Cable in nyc, and I've found some postings on the internet about them possibly blocking port 25. I will look into the mail reflector/redirector options.

Thanks for the input.