DoorMan

Put on your walking shoes (or your s_ _t kickers even)

I'm not really a hard line political guy but I can't take it anymore...

If you are in the US and are unhappy with the BS being handed down, make your way to Freedom Plaza in DC at 11:30 am on 9/12/09 for a little jaunt down Penn. Ave. There will be plenty of us there....

Lots of cameras too..

what are you guys unhappy about?

Nothing, my wifes making me go...

There's been a sharp decline on several fronts here in the states over the last decade or so. Alot of what is being viewed as solutions recently are hotly contested. Time for some action...stand and be counted before it irreversable so to speak.

Just good old hot button topics and major loss of liberties could be the result of doing nothing right now.

Plus the weather this summer has sucked big time and I'm getting fat because of it....

Yes sir we rocked the house for sure. How many were there? We don't really know yet. Well into the hundreds of thousands. Most conservative estimates from up above have it at around 250,000 and the more aggressive reliable sources had us up at 450,000.

One thing that is for sure there was alot of people that banded together to say "less is more"..........."hands-off my kids' piggy banks"........."hands-off my liver". More simply put, "Don't Tread On ME!"

There's a couple cool pictures in here. You be the judge. The Metro was shut down in overload. The expressway in was bumper to bumper. Not one incident of crime either. The march was forced down the avenue by police early when freedom plaza filled to the brink an hour and a half earlier than expected. Marchers continued to come to and walk down the ave for hours after it began. A steady stream until around 1:30

For fair and balanced vid look here: If they panned right you wouldn't believe your eyes:

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/09/12/HP/A/23055/FreedomWorks+Rally+in+DC.aspx

Read up on and join in here: Note the ultra opponents trying to shut their eyes and ears in the comments section.

http://www.freedomworks.org/blog/max/how-many-people-came-to-912-taxpayer-march-on-wash

There were other demonstrations in 45 states Saturday.

TX, NC, Georgia, Ohio, FLA, VA were the most noticeable and vocal bunch. They were a breath of fresh air for acouple guys and gals from the land of Kennedy\Frank\Kerry. It was a headbanging and handshaking experience.