Sign in to follow this  
CCCmarine

sending output from channel modulator thru wireless link?

Hi all,

This the basics of what I am working on:

An EverFocus EDSR1600 DVR with 9 analog camera's connected. The output from each is connected to 3 Channel Plus 5545's Modulators. Currently only one monitor is attached via RG6 to the modulators and works fine. Basically its programmed so each channel (~68-83) are views for each camera and a channel for multi-camera views. Works great

I have a need for 2 more monitors but no RG6 available. I tried to send the output from the modulators thru a 2.4ghz video transmitter but no go. This would be the best if I could get that to work, so:

1) Anyway to send the output from the modulators using a wireless trans/recv to a monitor?

2) Another possiblity would be to use a powerline solution but I may be up against the same situation in #1.?

3) The DVR has 4 Main monitor ports that I can use. Any suggestions for sending this signal using a wireless link to a monitor as well as being able to control the DVR (i guess via IR extender)?

4) The output from the channel modulators was being combined with Direct TV signal using a SAT/UHF/VHF combiner. This worked ok until we went HD from DirectTV. Currently we disconnected all the combiners.

Is there another way to combine these signals?

Looking for suggestions and solutions...

Thanks!, Adrian