lewisfla06

Geovision SMS picture text message / teach me

Is it possible to setup Geovision to send me an image via SMS text when there is motion at the back door? I don't want to buy a GSM cell module. Is this possible? How? I have set it up to email images to me when motion is detected, but I want a picture-text-message. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Most wireless carriers support emailing to your phone's SMS... typically you'd use the format ##########@txt.carrier.com - substitute your number and the carrier's text-messaging domain. Check with your own provider's tech support for the exact address to use.

Thank you. I tried that with no luck.

I set it up to go to gmail and I received the email with the picture - worked great.

I then substituted the gmail address for the email address for my phone, the one someone would use to send me an sms-text message to my phone. Testing. I received the SMS message on my phone, but without the picture. I tested, having someone snap a photo with their phone and SMS that to me - I received that picture.

I love your suggestion. It's s great and simple solution, but... while I do receive the SMS text message, there is no picture included.

Thanks in advance for any additional ideas you might have. I'm still needing some help.

There may be a size limitation on the picture you can send, either filesize or picture dimensions. That would be a question for your wireless provider.

Thank you. I tried that with no luck.

I set it up to go to gmail and I received the email with the picture - worked great.

I then substituted the gmail address for the email address for my phone, the one someone would use to send me an sms-text message to my phone. Testing. I received the SMS message on my phone, but without the picture. I tested, having someone snap a photo with their phone and SMS that to me - I received that picture.

I love your suggestion. It's s great and simple solution, but... while I do receive the SMS text message, there is no picture included.

Thanks in advance for any additional ideas you might have. I'm still needing some help.

A picture would be considered as an MMS message not a SMS, SMS do not support pictures other media. But email as said over does work, but how you do that exactly I think you better contact your telephone operator and get how to set this up on their network and your telephone model!

BR

JD

Because I've been a member only briefly, this forum will not let me post the answer I want to post... because it looks like I'm a spammer or something

Verizon...

text only: vtext

pic messaging: vzwpix

Hopefully you can make sense out of this post.

very cool.

my carrier is metro pcs and I don't think they have MMS from email.

maybe time to get that iphone

thanks for sharing.

btw if anyone gonna do some testing:

Don't get too excited about that iPhone. Today there is no MMS support on them. AT&T says Sept 25th, but I would wait until it is out there before changing.