TVEngineer77

Super Circuits (SC Black) Dome Camera Question

Hey all, just had a system installed for our HOA. Our instaler put in the SC Black model BLK-CPD126VS outdoor IR dome cameras.

I was wondering if anyone has opinions on these cameras or has used them in the past. I have to admit, so far I'm not impressed with their resolution. Maybe it's just something set wrong.

Here's the specs:

Imager Manufacturer Sony

Imager Size (in) 1/3"

Imager Type Super HAD Color CCD

Min Focal Length (mm) 2.9

Max Focal Length (mm) 10

Lines 550

Effective Pixels (K) 380

Horizontal Resolution 768

Vertical Resolution 494

Lux 0.003

IR Range (ft) 60

Day/Night Function True D/N with mechanical cut filter

Electronic Shutter Auto/Manual 1/60 - 1/120,000 flickerless

Originally, the spec was for Samsung SCC-B9371 bullet cameras, then the guy "upgraded" me to these (of course at his cost). I'm wondering if I got screwed here and if I should demand a better camera.

This is paired with a OpenEYE OE129 DVR. I don't know if the quality is due to the camera or the DVR, but I think it should be better than it is. I will try to post a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thoughts?

Both are around the same specs, IR Bullets normally a little better than IR domes though, for outside and IR, in fact I would never use an IR Dome personally. But to each their own. Samsung GVI is hardly an upgrade though. Whoops my bad its the other way around Anyway, domes are typically not as weather resistant either. I dont know the location or the reasoning behind them selling you IR cameras to begin with.

The Resolution on that dome is slightly off, should be 811x508, but perhaps that is the PAL specs? The Lux spec is incorrect also, most likely faceplate if anything, just an overzealous marketing team.

Either way, the specs are about the same on both of them, how they work though I have no idea as Ive never used or tested either of them. Specs actually rarely tell the whole truth.

As for the DVR, no idea, but best thing to do is try and plug one of the cameras into a TV and see what the quality is like that - thats composite video, if the cameras go into a DVR then out to an LCD the video is being converted from composite to VGA and that can very well look awful.

Most cameras have on screen menus where you can go into camera setting and adjust color settings and white balance. Have you attempted this yet?

I've only bought one camera from SC and that camera(their new SC Brand)

I installed in a storage lot. It gave me a good picture in all lighting conditions.

So, I can't really say any bad things about SC's so far.