goaprem

hikvision 7204 dvr

HIKVISION 7204 DVR, I have about a month back installed a 4 ch hikvision 7204 model. It is connected directly to a adsl modem, ther are no other PCs or devices on network, remote viewing is ok for four to six hours, problem is afer that, not only remote viewing but broad band too stops, i had to connect my laptop to the modem and immediately all is well without doing any settings, The DVR too is fine, it has not hanged, the recording is good, but the same problem starts after five to six hours, i have changed the dvr, changed the modem zyxel & dlink,There are no other computers at site, so cannot have a active lan network, can any body help please

Hi

It sounds like your Internet supplier or the modem is dropping the connection after time. Some routers have the option of always connected in the set-up, have a look for that, if that is OK you could try contacting who you get the Internet with and see if they are dropping the connection.

Failing that are you using the CMS software? You could always set the DVR to upload alarm info to it, say motion and that might keep the connection open. Not sure if you could use just an IP address to send it to but it would have to be yours or one you can use, that should work as well.

Hope that helps

Chris

SFP SECURITY

It is connected directly to a adsl modem, ther are no other PCs or devices on network

I'm not sure if thats a great idea. I would suggest getting a small router to put between the DVR and the modem.

There are no other computers at site, so cannot have a active lan network

That is not true, you can still have a lan without a single computer on it. You dont need computers onsite to have a router between the DVR and modem.

however, youd probably have to bring a laptop onsite to setup the router up initially.

The benefits of a router would be port-forwarding and a firewall (although, a firewall isnt that important with no computers on the network).

I could be misunderstanding you though. Does your broadband modem have a built-in router? Are you able to configure your ports through the modem?

@chris

Router is fine, always conected,

Checked with the internet service provider, the connection is fine

No provision to email during motion, just audible and on screen alarm in this model,

Thanks for posting, am trying other options if any

Hi

I was thinking perhaps you could use the motion to send data to an IP address, not sure if the firmware on yours is the same as we have. But if you know an IP address that won't be bothered by a small data send then you could enter that address in the set-up on the network page in the Remote host IP box and then on the recording page in the linkage list you should have an Upload to centre box, tick that and it will send eveytime there in motion to the IP address you set. If you have these options then when ever there is motion it should send out data which if the connection stays on for around five hours should keep it open if you can trigger enough motion events before it drops the line.

A temporary work around perhaps while you work out why it does drop the line after a few hours.

Hope that is some help, if your firmware does not have that you could request it from Hikvision, I can give the the version.

All the best

Chris

SFP SECURITY