dclowes

GV1480 quality clarification - attached avi. comments pls

I would like some commects on quality please. Attached is a link to an avi file which I took this morning, and have converted for use here. This is following several days worth of tweaking and reading various posts in this forum.

I am new to the geo software, I decided to make the jump from an unbranded dvr board.

link http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dclowes/DVR/temp1.Avi

The images around the car when it is moving is a little blocky. Is this a setting that I can adjust to remove this? Or is this perhaps too little cpu power? Any advice would be appreciated - or indeed is it normal?

My specs are as follows

GV1480 pci

Amd 3200 cpu

nforce 2 chipset

5 x i-red 520 line ccd cameras

Hi, will take a look at it, but straight off I am surprised that card is even working in that PC at least without errors. Geo doesnt officially support AMD or NVidia. One can get away with it somewhat on the lower cards like the 600 or at least I use to on the discontinued 250, but the Combo cards are picky.

Otherwise, what are the settings in Geo? Codec and Resolution used.

If using H264 drop down to Mpeg4.

Switch to 640x480 Deinterlaced and see how that is, I set all mine to that.

Make sure recording quality is set to highest quality.

Cameras themselves might also be an issue.

my understanding is the geo does work well on an amd processor, but they say that the only support intel cpu inorder to standardise their support to customers.

I am also informed that the via is the only chipset that gives problems.

I have to say that the pc is running fine, but it is running at 100% cpu cycles.

The settings are running on mamimum (5) and on the codec geo-asp with the advanced codecs enabled.

yes - should have thought of that......

I have a unusual set up with a pc based in the loft without a monitor and I access it remotely.

Being new to Geovision I installed the Remote Viewlog software and made the assumption that I would replicate the file from the server to the remote pc I was using. However I now realise that this is processed - I assume to save on bandwith and there is therefore considerable loss in quality when viewed from a remote pc, despite downloading the file and "merging it".

If it helps - below is the original file from the server - obvious I know.....

The cameras I am using have a manual zoom and focus on them - and I need to tweak the focus a little

file http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dclowes/DVR/temp2.Avi

I am also considering changing the cpu to a quadcore - I will post a new video when I get around to it, so you can compare.