cruelty

Sending DVR Output Via "Wireless"

hi just been to look at a job and the customer wants a camera system with dvr setup in a shed about 200yards from his house, he is happy with the dvr to stay recording away in the shed but wants to be able to watch the camera's from his house. As it's all concrete between house and shed i cannot use a wired system!

What is my options and where to purchase etc....

thanks in advance

By LOS, he means, is there a clear Line Of Sight between the buildings (perhaps from the roof of each) or are there obstructions (trees, hills, bigger buildings, etc) between them. There are NLOS (non-line of sight) options, but they tend to be a little more difficult.

If the power is supplied from the house to shed, you also might to be able to use a powerline carrier device to transmit network data between them.

This is all assuming you have a network ready DVR, and a PC at the viewing end. If not, you may be able to send analog monitor output wirelessly, but with no control of the DVR, and a much more degraded signal.

yes there is a clear line of sight, sorry did'nt know what that ment not sure if power is supplied from house to shed

Dont really need control of the DVR just need to view the camera's from the house so analog wireless system maybe ok for the job

For a point to point network wifi network do i need a broadband connection in the shed and the house? sorry would like someone to explain this system

yes there is a clear line of sight, sorry did'nt know what that ment not sure if power is supplied from house to shed

Dont really need control of the DVR just need to view the camera's from the house so analog wireless system maybe ok for the job

For a point to point network wifi network do i need a broadband connection in the shed and the house? sorry would like someone to explain this system

Analog wireless can have alot of problems. Wifi networks can work very well if setup correctly. If you have a DVR (with network connectivity) and cameras in the shed then you have power out there. You do not need a broadband connection for this to work. You just need 2 outdoor access points with poe injectors some cat5 and a computer to watch the cameras on. If you already have the computer and you do this yourself it will cost you around $200 for parts.

not sure if i fully understand but i cant get a cat5 cable between DVR in shed and computer in house need this to be wireless

You have to use the Cat5 to connect the one access point to the DVR and the other access point to the computer or switch. That creates a wireless link between the shed and the house. You want to mount the access points on the outside of the buildings facing each other. If you have no experience with computer networking I recommend you hire a professional that is.

Here as a access point that will work.

http://www.engeniustech.com/datacom/products/details.aspx?id=246

you figure this one out chief?

Why you looking for the same thing hey?

VideoComm - Non Networked Wireless video that works great but is expensive, cheaper he try setup a simple wireless router and login to the DVR that way.

I've got a couple VideoComm units laying around...

Be careful not to get a frequency that is already used in your area. In my area, "something" started using the same freq a couple years after we installed the tx/rx and all $&^%! broke loose. Pretty much made the pre-tuned tx and rx worthless for a 75 sq mile radius. The units were still good, I was able to use them out of state on a different job...

Yeah well that can happen with any wireless device you use, happens to alarm systems all the time.

What frequency was it?

your going to make me dig through the attic??? i'm on my 9th beer! lol I don't remember. I never did bother to look on FCC's site to see who had the monopoly. wouldn't have changed my predicament.

LOL its not that important .. enjoy your beer

Im not really a fan of any wireless anyway but i hate attics even more.