adnanali

Power supply help

While installing a CCTV i just connected red to gnd and black to positive of the power supply and turned it on. Now after realizing the mistake I reconnected them correctly. Now there is no video output.

Is the camera damaged??? If, yes is there any thing that can be done to repair it???

Reverse polarity is a bad thing. Some cameras, however, can deal with it for short periods of time. If you haven't touched the camera since you posted this maybe try it again. I have seen it when a camera (in this case a Discovery Camera - 480TVL IR armor dome as I recall) all of a sudden returns to operating condition after an event such as the one you described if it has been left alone for a while. If it still doesn't work, it's a paper weight.

Yeah, hard to say without knowing what camera you're talking about. Most cheap ones will almost certainly be cooked. Better ones will withstand the reverse voltage for a short time... some will actually work that way (ie. they're not polarity-sensitive).

If it is dead, it's probably NOT repairable, as most cameras that would be damaged by that are small board cameras that use mostly surface-mount components.