ckinninger

Recommend Cameras Please

Hi All,

I need about 10 cameras to cover various rooms inside an office building. There is a chance the lights will be off sometimes.

I was hoping you guys could recommend a good valued bullet camera or something all-in-one. I don't want to break the bank nor have big housed cameras all over the place. No IP as I have everything cabled with RG-59. Wall mount.

Should I go for LED cameras? Or just Day/Night. I wanted to spend about $200 each for each camera.

I have dealer pricing for Speco but am not real convinced about them.

Thanks for any help.

CK

Good day,

Go with kpc-n300NH its small and powerful it has 30IR that can go about 100ft and the lens on it is 3.6mm. I have used this camera in your type of application.

Is there a lot of instances of people lurking around the office in the dark? If not, there's probably not a lot of call for IR cameras.

Is there a lot of instances of people lurking around the office in the dark? If not, there's probably not a lot of call for IR cameras.

No not really. The idea was to be covered if someone broke through the ceiling or something sneaky, then I would have a way to light them up and capture them.

Question: I know the higher end cameras are not usually IR LED, so what is the knock on them? Just generally lower quality image? IR LED has tendency to fail?

Thanks a lot.

IR LEDs are cheap, so they provide a good workaround to give cheap cameras acceptable low-light performance, rather than actually spending money on a camera that does well in low light on its own. Of course, IR illuminators can also be used with GOOD cameras for even better low-light response... but in general, they're a cheap hack, particularly for cameras with the LEDs built-in.

IR LEDs are cheap, so they provide a good workaround to give cheap cameras acceptable low-light performance, rather than actually spending money on a camera that does well in low light on its own. Of course, IR illuminators can also be used with GOOD cameras for even better low-light response... but in general, they're a cheap hack, particularly for cameras with the LEDs built-in.

Soundy, Thanks a lot for the advice. I was looking for something decent but it seems like I'm headed for a $400 bullet option that do well in low light. I realize I need some light for low light (day/night) non-ir options so I will try and leave a strategic light on.

Soundy, Thanks a lot for the advice. I was looking for something decent but it seems like I'm headed for a $400 bullet option that do well in low light. I realize I need some light for low light (day/night) non-ir options so I will try and leave a strategic light on.

I do not think a "strategic light on" is the best choice, of course we need to count the quality of the security provided for the office area. If you need to "sleep well" I do recommend you to go for IR Cameras option (especially for closed spaces as office buildings).

I do not think a "strategic light on" is the best choice, of course we need to count the quality of the security provided for the office area. If you need to "sleep well" I do recommend you to go for IR Cameras option (especially for closed spaces as office buildings).

Why not leave a light on???? Then you have a color image so you can tell what color shirt they are wearing instead of a gray just gray.

LOL WAT????

You obviously dont dabble much in the field, and are just trying to sell the low-quality cameras on your website.

LOL WAT????

You obviously dont dabble much in the field, and are just trying to sell the low-quality cameras on your website.

..can i write my opinion in here, or I should ask you first?!!

no regards

Why not leave a light on???? Then you have a color image so you can tell what color shirt they are wearing instead of a gray just gray.

Correct! , also why not hire a guard

Ok...... come to a CCTV forum and tell people to hire a guard

go push your trash can cameras some where else.......

..can i write my opinion in here, or I should ask you first?!!

no regards

I didnt mean to offend, but it seems like there are a handful of people who come here and offer bad advice (usually inexperienced people trying to push their opinions that coincide with the products they happen to sell), and unfortunately, they are usually people from china/hong kong/etc that are just trying to sell their cheap, knock-off, no-name cameras and they are not even paid advertisers on the site. And it's a shame that the people that you give this advice to are new to CCTV and dont know any better.

I guess there is technically nothing wrong with that (its not illegal), except that members like you bring nothing to the forum -- neither a good product or good advice. Unfortunately (and i could be wrong, so sorry), it seems like you fit this stereotype.

LMAO

@thewireguys

@alpine0000

sorry for my off topic...may I ask if any one of you saw me advertising any security cameras or any other products from our online shop in here?!! Did I mention any link or specs for our products??!!

When one of you will see advertising one of our products (except any express pay forum advertising), you can expressly write you own opinion, till then please act polite as I am doing.

As my understanding is so far I am just trying to give some of my own opinions for one of this forum member request.

Cheers

P.S. (My nationality is not Chinese it is European and I am working in a international company which by chance together with more other sectors include also CCTV Security Cameras Manufacturing )

...Was a joke...but you didn't taste it. I am feeling a little bit surprised about you strange reaction (..go push your trash can cameras some where else......). Am I advertising something and I do not know??!!

Please be polite and I will follow.

Regards

...Was a joke...but you didn't taste it. I am feeling a little bit surprised about you strange reaction (..go push your trash can cameras some where else......). Am I advertising something and I do not know??!!

Please be polite and I will follow.

Regards

Then your link's in your sig are just for fun? Buy some advertising on the site and I'll shut up.

Then your link's in your sig are just for fun? Buy some advertising on the site and I'll shut up.

Links in signatures follow forum guidelines.

Can everyone please get back on topic, thanks.