Sign in to follow this  
bass1

Repetitive low light conditon cam recommendations /questions

Asking for the best low light cam seems to be a redundant popular question

on this forum, is it possible we can make a sticky titled "best low light cams." I understand there are many applications but most here are asking for same thing, usually wanting to see at night aiming from their house to a fixed vehicle or yard. Thread should be simple and updated with a list of user recommended low light cams.

Having only a handful of posts, I can't help but agree. I've been reading these forums for quite some time, and having recently purchased (now returned) a system that did NOT provide usable night time video, I found myself posting here for exactly this reason.

on this forum, is it possible we can make a sticky titled "best low light cams." I understand there are many applications but most here are asking for same thing, usually wanting to see at night aiming from their house to a fixed vehicle or yard. Thread should be simple and updated with a list of user recommended low light cams.

Problem is... everybody has a different budget. There isnt a single camera that would be best for everybody.

What is YOUR budget? $100? $200? $500? $1000? $5000? if you want the *BEST*, how much are you willing to spend for the best?

Here is a really respectable camera with great usable night time video:

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_US/Products/Cameras/DualNight-M12/M12D-Sec

Is $1500 realistic for you to spend on one camera, though? Not for me

Problem is... everybody has a different budget. There isnt a single camera that would be best for everybody.

What is YOUR budget? $100? $200? $500? $1000? $5000? if you want the *BEST*, how much are you willing to spend for the best?

Here is a really respectable camera with great usable night time video:

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_US/Products/Cameras/DualNight-M12/M12D-Sec

Is $1500 realistic for you to spend on one camera, though? Not for me

You get way more then a camera when you go with Mobotix.... You have to look at the total system cost not just the price of the camera.

I dont think there are many requests for the 1000 and 5000 (military grade?) cams but we can add those too. On the same note no one wants 100 cam that dont work. Theres already a sticky but has threads from 2005 and mostly outdated info. So lets not let two extra categories ruin a possibly useful thread. Im talking average good cams that can achieve effective pictures in your average joes front or back yard. Which is what everyone on here repeatedly is asking for.