x-man

dvr files to other format, how???

My digital video recorder saving video to dvr files and I trying to play it in some better video player but look like that is not possible, all codecs can`t help...somebody know how I can convert this videos to some other format?

Thanks.

what DVR and what does it record in (mpeg4, mjpeg etc) ?

does the DVR give an optoin to output to avi, mpeg, mov file?

if the DVR records in a fairly standard codec then it can be readable. but if its a proprietary codec then highly likly only the DVR software will read it.

My digital video recorder saving video to dvr files and I trying to play it in some better video player but look like that is not possible, all codecs can`t help...somebody know how I can convert this videos to some other format?

Thanks.

Some DVR suppliers supply converters!

JD

same as the above.. can you ellaborate on what format the file is saved as.. if you dvr is fairly up to date its either going to be mpeg4 or h264,, codecs for both of these are freely available. and will play with wmp or vlc

to elimiate any issues with your pc try installing the codecs on an alternative pc and try playing your file... most dvr manufacturers or suppliers do provide a standalone player for there software.. and within the standalone player you can convert the file to avi...