raycctv

Hi Everyone

Hi all just registered today nice to see lots of people been using this site look forward to chats, info and most importantly HELP!!!!!

oh just a quick note ive just bought a 8ch dvr pci card but in the listing it said not compatible with via chipsets. i have and old sempron pc with a via chipset and was wondering will this setup work.

i have see other post elsewhere saying its hit and miss on the dvr cards and via, my motherboard is a soltek sl-75imvr2 and will be using an ati 9200se graphic card with sempron 1.6ghz cpu. im in IT and this should be plenty for a little dvr card running 4ch and windows xp.

thanks for replys

It's sort of hit or miss with many Video Cards. Try it. You can't hurt anything but your feelings. Some of the older Motherboards won't except them. We use a Intel 31. I think its PR31. It sells for around 58 bucks and has a 3 year warranty. Your processor can be a low end for around 53 dollars and a 1 gb of ram will do you trick. You will have on board video on the MB. We have over a couple of thousand of these systems out there and they work great. I know nothing about your DVR board. I'm not sure if I can recomend any items on this board, I don't want to break any rules. The guys that run this site are great and you will meet many great people. Best regards John.

ps. Mentioning the Intel Mother boards etc I don't believe is against house rules.