ginogag

WHAT SHOULD I ABOUT DVR CARD

hi all , have a question ,been on this site a few times ....i have 4 cameras outside my house AND I KNOW THEY WORK... i need a dvr card for my desktop. I had purchased one on ebay 2 months ago called a hifast 6802 AND COULDNT GET IT TO WORK....SO I TOOK IT OUT . The reason why i took it out was i would get the dvr screen up but, i couldnt see my cameras .i figured it was because i bought a piece of crap dvr card. I dont even know if my driver was installed correctly because i couldnt see it under sound,video controllers. The card had 4 bnc ports, is that better than the card with vga to bnc adapters ??????? Another reason why i took the card out it seemed to screw up the video and other stuff on my computer. SO I TOOK IT OUT . SHOULD I TRY TO REINSTALL IT OR WHAT? my DESKTOPIS DELL DIMENSION 4700, I PUT IN 4 GIGS RAM ,3.2 MHZ, P4 , WINDOWS XP , WITH STILL ALOT OF MEMORY 85 GIG with an ATI RADEON 3000 graphis card..... I have a new laptop so i dont use desktop at all anymore so i figure ill turn it into surveillance system. Should i reinstall that card or can u recomend an inexpensive dvr card for me . BY THE WAY ..WHAT ARE THE OTHER PIN CONNECTERS THAT ARE ON THE DVR CARD FOR ,THERE IS A 20 PIN ,A 4 PIN AND 2-2PINS THANX

4 BNC ports? Sounds like a decoder card. Did you try to use it as a decoder? By the way, not all the drivers are installed under sound,video controllers. Generally speaking, the other PIN connecters are usually used for audio input and output.

hi all , have a question ,been on this site a few times ....i have 4 cameras outside my house AND I KNOW THEY WORK... i need a dvr card for my desktop. I had purchased one on ebay 2 months ago called a hifast 6802 AND COULDNT GET IT TO WORK....SO I TOOK IT OUT . The reason why i took it out was i would get the dvr screen up but, i couldnt see my cameras .i figured it was because i bought a piece of crap dvr card. I dont even know if my driver was installed correctly because i couldnt see it under sound,video controllers. The card had 4 bnc ports, is that better than the card with vga to bnc adapters ??????? Another reason why i took the card out it seemed to screw up the video and other stuff on my computer. SO I TOOK IT OUT . SHOULD I TRY TO REINSTALL IT OR WHAT? my DESKTOPIS DELL DIMENSION 4700, I PUT IN 4 GIGS RAM ,3.2 MHZ, P4 , WINDOWS XP , WITH STILL ALOT OF MEMORY 85 GIG with an ATI RADEON 3000 graphis card..... I have a new laptop so i dont use desktop at all anymore so i figure ill turn it into surveillance system. Should i reinstall that card or can u recomend an inexpensive dvr card for me . BY THE WAY ..WHAT ARE THE OTHER PIN CONNECTERS THAT ARE ON THE DVR CARD FOR ,THERE IS A 20 PIN ,A 4 PIN AND 2-2PINS THANX

Watchdog The 2 * 2 pins are probably for reboot computer if system fails!

I/O ALARM The 20 Pin is probably for conecting too a add on IO card.

Audio The 4 pins probably for audio?

BNC/VGA ports same thing but 2 different ways to do things!

4GB Ram is to much, first of all XP 32Bit support is it around 3,15gb? And also this is just for 4 cameras.

Graphic card should be ok, but what chipset in computer?

JD

well graphic card I THINK say radeon 300 .....is that possible????

Is it possible to have too much ram????????

Is it possible to have too many things hooked up ....that the power consumption would be too much......IM VERY INQUISITIVE....

I really dont use this computer anymore....had it completely wiped out and my friend reinstalled xp ... so theres not much on computer.NEVER GETS USED.

UNDER DEVICE MANAGER IS SAYS ...

INTEL 915G/P/GV PCI EXPRESS ROOT PORT 2581

INTEL 915G/P/GV PROCESSOR TO I/O CONTROLLER 2580

you think i should reinstall ....im havin a friend stop by to help me out and make sure the driver is installed ........could it be a driver issue ?????

ANY HELP AT ALL WOULD BE APPRECIATED ...... I DID 5 YEARS OF SECURITY WORK IN NY ....IM AN ELECTRICIAN ...AND FOUND ALL THIS STUFF VERY INTERESTING........BUT IM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE COMPUTER ASPECT..... PS WOULD I SEE THE DRIVER UNDER ANY OTHER CATAGORY THANKS

4 BNC ports? Sounds like a decoder card. Did you try to use it as a decoder? By the way, not all the drivers are installed under sound,video controllers. Generally speaking, the other PIN c

onnecters are usually used for audio input and output.

HOW DO I USE IT AS A DECODER CARD??????

4 BNC ports? Sounds like a decoder card. Did you try to use it as a decoder? By the way, not all the drivers are installed under sound,video controllers. Generally speaking, the other PIN c

You cant! Just William being a girl today!

JD

So I have NO experience with your crap ebay purchase...

However, I have seen weird issues with motherboards and windows not recognizing PCIe devices. You might check with Dell's site and see if there is a BIOS update for your mother board. I had that issue with a name brand card and a brand new Dell Vostro....

Just an idea to get your setup working with no more money invested.

OR you can upgrade to a decent card. The AverMedia NV5000 would be a good choice. I would NOT buy from Ebay though... to many scammers and pirated/ re branded CRAP.

However, I have seen weird issues with motherboards and windows not recognizing PCIe devices. You might check with Dell's site and see if there is a BIOS update for your mother board. I had that issue with a name brand card and a brand new Dell Vostro....

Just an idea to get your setup working with no more money invested.

OR you can upgrade to a decent card. The AverMedia NV5000 would be a good choice. I would NOT buy from Ebay though... to many scammers and pirated/ re branded CRAP.

well ...had my friend come over ( pretty good computer guy)pulled out card and and figured out that the card i purchased was PCI EXPRESS CARD and i have a pci slot........so according to him i have to look for another card...i'll try that first...tbey didn t advertise pci, pci express, agp ...so i didnt know....i have to find a site with ACTUAL IMAGES OF ALL THE TYPES OF CARD.....EVIDENTALLY PCI EXPRESS CARD FITS INTO PCI SLOT......THEN THE NEXT PROBLEM COULD POTENTIALLY BE IF MY ati radeon 300 , and my power supply is good enough...BUT i will look up that avermedia 5000 today to see how much it is thanks

You cant! Just William being a girl today!

JD

Well, I don't think a girl can't be a tech. I am not the best one even in my company. But I keep moving all the time. I confess that I didn't read the problem carefully because I was too busy that time. And, I don't know hifast 6802 and just want him to have a try. This is harmless. When I have no idea about something, I will do anything I can do to try to know it. I just want to share my experience with him even though I was wrong.

Remember, a benign competition can benifit you, not a malignant one.

well ...had my friend come over ( pretty good computer guy)pulled out card and and figured out that the card i purchased was PCI EXPRESS CARD and i have a pci slot........so according to him i have to look for another card...i'll try that first...tbey didn t advertise pci, pci express, agp ...so i didnt know....i have to find a site with ACTUAL IMAGES OF ALL THE TYPES OF CARD.....EVIDENTALLY PCI EXPRESS CARD FITS INTO PCI SLOT......THEN THE NEXT PROBLEM COULD POTENTIALLY BE IF MY ati radeon 300 , and my power supply is good enough...BUT i will look up that avermedia 5000 today to see how much it is thanks

It may fit in a PCI slot but it wont work. Its a totally different length and different technology.

I dont know why you guys have so many questions about PCI based DVR boards. just install the driver first, put in the Board in the PCI slot,

install the DVR board, and you can see the videos in the monitoring window.

DVR board has been very cheap already.

When we talk about DVR board, mostly ,we mean it's the encoding card.

it hardware compress the video streams captured by the camera.

also, in the computer, we can also install the hardware decoding card,

it decompresses the video siginal and it outputs to Monitors.

the decoding board could be used for TV walls.

so for example, we have one eight channel DVR board and one -channel hardware decoding board.

in City A, we installed the dvr board and have 8 channel real time D1 resolution monitoring,,

in City B, we need to view one channe's video in a TV (wide screen, 64 inches), so we just use the hardware decoding board in City B.