raycctv

DUAL CCD CAM 540cl/600bw

hi guys can someone upload or give info on what the image from this type of cam is like thinking of getting one for front of house i currently have 540tvl IR 50m.

If i get a dual ccdwith dual lense do i

1. get wider view

2. better resolution

also my dvr card is 8ch 30fps 704 x 288 what are your thoughts on this still waitng for bit for my pc to run and test..thanks

Hello m8 I was looking at getting a dual lens cam I was told it work's like this.

1 cam is for the day time colour and the othere is black and white and there ment to give you a better picture as each lens has its own job. I dont know if thats true or just sale's talk but thats what I was told hope that may help a little

hi thanks i wasunder impresssion both lenses would be used and image would be processed in stereo but you could be right do you know anywhere i can view image of sat single single ccd vs dual ccd and thanks again..

can anyoneelse add to this?

A dual camera is for Day Night applications. 2 separate cameras will always be a better image compared to a single camera trying to attempt 2 functions.

Color is always best for Daytime. BW is always better for night time. In many cases the color will be the typical higher resolution camera (not necessarily any higher res than what you have now) and the BW in lower res will have better sensitivity at night. Not sure which camera you got those specs in the title from.

So no the view and resolution is not effected, it is a Day Night application camera.

Search for Extreme CCTV EX82 for sample images.