ramborums

Fading down camera displays

Are there some types of cameras which cause drop in brightness when used with DVR cards? I have 4 types of cameras connected. Two of them work fine, whereas 2 others start with normal brightness when switched on, then fade off to a very dark level. This fading off does not happen when connected to AV of TV. The ones which are working i think are sony and the ones which have a problem are cheap, some brand called CGH, 805D. I got them cos they are just unimportant additions. Are there any specific specs to look for in getting cameras for a DVR card?

The card type is connexant.

Any inputs what could be the problem?

Thanks

wow, what a question. I've sen some comart cards react to camera's in all sorts of ways. I have traced that to bad camera's OR bad cards by using a CM2 to test the camera outputs to the cards.

Having said that...........cheap camera's always seemed to be a larger problem BUT I've seen pricey analog camera's do the same so I guess that the expensive camera's had some inexpensive parts?

not to mention that the technology behing cards/analog is older and when you attach these LCD's and high speed PC's to them that the issues of mixing older cards with newer technology can create problems?

find the right combo for the mix and then stick with it. you can try to test and improve which has been pretty decent for me lately.