BassTeQ

Outdoor Dome Camera Advice

Hi all,

A friend is looking to add some cameras around his house, and Im basically looking for a coaxial colour outdoor dome camera (day/night).

Looking to spend approx $300 per camera, and we'll require about 6-8 of them.

Basically just want a quality camera that will supply good images in day/night situations, also some of the cameras will have the sun directly at them at times so they need to be able balance the light accordingly.

Also not sure whether a camera with IR LED's will be any better then those without. I've got some cameras with IR, and I find at night time that the IR light can be too strong if there are large objects within a close range to the camera, this causes a big white spot on the image.

Looking at the overview & specs of this camera, I'd appreciate peoples thoughts if it would be suitable. --> http://rhinoco.com.au/product/vsxr-581dv/

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

There are several other things to consider besides just camera prices,such as analog,mp,dvr quality,etc.Depending on your neighbors budget,he can go with an 8 ir varifocal lense system with dvr in a diy conifiguration.Is he going to attempt to install himself or hire a licensed cctv contractor?Do you have any pics of your neighbors residence and the areas he's trying to cover?

Thanks for your reply, at the moment we are just trying to find a suitable cameras, once we've found that i'll look at DVR options. Either standalone/hybrid DVR's or a PC with a capture card. But for now, just after some thoughts on camera specs.

Cheers

I am in the same boat myself wanting to add a few good cameras around the house. Can you pm me what you recommend?

TIA

Tom

Take a look at CNB's offerings - we use their domes regularly for lower-budget jobs and they measure up nicely to most of their pricier counterparts.

Which CNB domes do you like?

Same app, under the eave of a home for general surveillance, no IR needed.

I have a Panasonic WV-CW484 but would like to find something close but at a lower price point.