Please indicate me a DVR software/capture board to a number of analog speed dome cameras to detect each movement of a subject that exists in frame or that appears and then follow him. At the moment I use the 9808 card WAPA ether .

I can not use MP IP because i have a limited amount of money . I want to use six WDR speed dome 18-20X for tracking cars at a distance of 25-30m in low light . I must see the plate licence . I have some experience with AV3130 and ACM-1231 , but i preffer some speed dome in this case .

I've been around this industry for about 7 years and outside of VERY expensive radar based tracking systems, I have never seen any motion tracking PTZs that performed ideally. ESPECIALLY outside. Artificial intelligence is a long way off from being as good as a humans perception of areas of interest. That is why I recomended megapixel cameras to capture the entire FOV. Honestly, a decent megapixel camera will be cheaper than most quality PTZs. Plus there's no moving parts in a megapixel camera... less likley to break. Cheaper to maintain. And with continuous high speed tracking of objects, the moving parts will see a LOT of wear and tear in a short amount of time. The only downside of megapixel,are the storage and bandwidth requirments of megapixel. But with the inventon of H.264 and dropping storage prices, I don't consider it to be that big of a financial burden. Maybe I'm not understand the full requirments of the application?

I must record the 50-60 m width of the entry car parking with two WDR speed dome, 20X , face to face . This i thaught at the bigining . In fact my client demand this pursuit cars moving . I will think at MP solution . I think i need four MP cameras for 50m width . Name a decent MP camera . I do not have bandwidth problems .Thank you for the advice . The thread remains open 2-3 days.

I must record the 50-60 m width of the entry car parking with two WDR speed dome, 20X , face to face . This i thaught at the bigining . In fact my client demand this pursuit cars moving . I will think at MP solution . I think i need four MP cameras for 50m width . Name a decent MP camera . I do not have bandwidth problems .Thank you for the advice . The thread remains open 2-3 days.

How is the light conditions in the car park?

JD

I can not use MP IP because i have a limited amount of money . I want to use six WDR speed dome 18-20X for tracking cars at a distance of 25-30m in low light . I must see the plate licence . I have some experience with AV3130 and ACM-1231 , but i preffer some speed dome in this case .

Honestly, a decent megapixel camera will be cheaper than most quality PTZs.

Agreed here! "Decent" megapixel cams these days start at <$400. A quality PTZ (one that's even capable of tracking and focusing at the required speed, nevermind one with sufficient image quality) will be three times that. The cost of the AI system to DRIVE the tracking is on top of that.

I've been around this industry for about 7 years and outside of VERY expensive radar based tracking systems, I have never seen any motion tracking PTZs that performed ideally. ESPECIALLY outside. Artificial intelligence is a long way off from being as good as a humans perception of areas of interest.

There's your key: a tracking system can pick AN object to lock onto and track... but not necessarily THE object that needs to be tracked. Get two cars leaving the area at the same time, going in opposite directions... which one do you follow? A human watching the screen might have a good idea (like, the one screeching his tires); the computer would have little or no way of knowing which one to follow, and could just as likely follow the WRONG one.

That is why I recomended megapixel cameras to capture the entire FOV.

Bingo. Get the whole area with BOTH cars leaving, and you don't have to worry about which one to track!

The only downside of megapixel,are the storage and bandwidth requirments of megapixel. But with the inventon of H.264 and dropping storage prices, I don't consider it to be that big of a financial burden.

Keep in mind that if the PTZ is moving and tracking objects constantly, it will also be recording constantly, even on motion-record. With the MP camera, motion detection can be set up, masked and tweaked to minimize unnecessary recording... so the difference in storage requirements isn't as great as you might think.