Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

Avermedia EH Series DST

Got a few of these in house recently. Setting up the Day Light Savings on these is a strange endeavor. This is my first DVR where the DST is a specific date. For the life of me I can not imagine that I have to go to each and every customer every year to change the DST date. Typically you set up in the DVR that it is the 2nd Sunday of March at 2am and ends the 1st Sunday of November at 2am. This DVR wants the specific date so what happens when next year when the date is different?

Anyone know anything about this? I contacted Avermedia yesterday and they said this is how it is but they could not answer me as to what happens next year. I told them if I have to go to each and every customer to change a DST date that I would be sending them the service call bill. They are supposed to get back to me about this....when?? I do not know.

I got an answer today. It appears in the infinite wisdom of some decision makers that I would have to go to each and every system that has day light savings time set to reset it each and every year because that is how it is coded in the firmware.

Instead of setting it like every other DVR I've used by which day, month and time each year Avermedia decided to have the user setup a specific date which means that date changes every year.................

They did, however, make a note of the issue and requested a fix for this. Hopefully this gets acknowledged by the people who make decisions and it gets fixed soon.