Ed Brumby

Can't see images on remote computer

Hi

I am new to this forum so hope I am in the correct one! I have installed a DVR at my work with 2 cameras and it records fine. The supplier has guided me through setting up remote access to images on my home PC. He can view the cameras. I can't. It connects, but no images. I run Win XP on an Amilo laptop. My work ISP address does not seem to change (work computer on all time). Is there anything in my computer settings that would stop me seeing the cameras?

Ed

Hi

I am working my way through the posts on this forum and trying to learn! My DVR was bought from Spot technologies UK (very good). i have tried a port open test and I can access my remote DVR and it's port. Still no video

Help!

Ed

Hi

I am new to this forum so hope I am in the correct one! I have installed a DVR at my work with 2 cameras and it records fine. The supplier has guided me through setting up remote access to images on my home PC. He can view the cameras. I can't. It connects, but no images. I run Win XP on an Amilo laptop. My work ISP address does not seem to change (work computer on all time). Is there anything in my computer settings that would stop me seeing the cameras?

Ed

If you are using internet explorer to view remotely, make sure activex is enabled. If you are using client software, make sure ports are open on your laptop and your firewall allows those ports

edsel

edsel

Many thanks for the reply. I think I have active X. I am using client software and am having trouble even finding a name for it. The CD has an orange Globe then e Net. How do I check that the ports are open on my laptop?

Ed

1. Have you tried disabling your anti virus and windows firewall before connecting to your DVR?

2. You said you can connect to the dvr but could not see video, Please make sure port/s on your DVR matches port/s on your client software. Most DVR uses different port to stream video

3. Try installing the client software on a different pc/laptop so we can isolate the problem (if it works on another pc then we can focus on your laptop)

edselrt

Thanks again. I have disabled Norton AV and tried the software on two other computers - same fault. I will have to look at what firewall I have. The supplier helped me set the DVR to router up by telephone. He can access the images. The port at the DVR end was set to 50000. The port on the client software is set to the same.

Hope this helps

Ed

Hi Ed,

At this point, your problem looks like isolated to your computers at home or your internet connection.

1. I have seen cases where your internet provider blocks specific ports. If you have access to a free internet somewhere, you can try connecting from there.

2. Looks like there is another port that the DVR is using aside from your connection port 50000. If you can tell me the brand of DVR that you are using or PM me a manual of your DVR, maybe I can figure it out

edselrt

Thanks again.

My friend has tried from his computer, with different internet provider - same result. I have attached a page from the manual. I can't see wher it confirms I have an attachment so hope it goes ok I will get the make of the unit tomorrow.

Ed

1. Internet provider - ruled out

2. Pc/os/firewAll issues - ruled out

Most dvr's you need to click and drag camera to a live view box or screen before you can see video. You should see a list of cameras once connected. Click and drag any active camera to one of your blank screen and you should be able to see video.

Thanks

I have attached another page of the manual. I can't see where you have to drag. I think you just have to select whether you want to see on camera or four etc

Ed

Would it be a help if I sent you the software. It is only about 1MB. I would have to rename the exe file as doc and send this way. You may not want to risk the security, or what are the forum rules on this?

Thanks for your patience

Ed

Would it be a help if I sent you the software. It is only about 1MB. I would have to rename the exe file as doc and send this way. You may not want to risk the security, or what are the forum rules on this?

Thanks for your patience

Ed

Hi Ed

Send the client software to me.

edselrt