Hi.

I have some 6 year old mini-dome mintron cameras which I've tried plugging into a GeoVision DVR.

The output on the screen is EXTREMELY grainy-noisy, to the point where the video is completely useless.

However, I take the same camera and plug it directly into my $20 old black&white analog T.V, and the video is crystal clear.

Now, if I use any *new* mini-dome camera, the video output on either DVR or T.V are BOTH perfectly fine.

When connecting to either the T.V or DVR I go through the same RG59 cable, so that is not the issue here.

What's the deal? Do the analog T.V's do a much better job of filtering out noise than the DVR capture cards do?

Attachments are broken - you need to upload the picture(s) to an image hosting site like TinyPic, Imageshack or Photobucket, and then link to that.

Yikes! That looks like the camera is failing...??

That's what I thought originally. But like I mentioned before, when I plug into my portable B/W television (using the same rg59 cable) the video is perfect. What's up with that? Also, keep in mind that these cameras are about 6 years old.