donald7777

looking for a new nonpc based setup

Hello I am a noob here to this site, I will explain what happened.

I am the "IT" guy at our company, we had a dvr computer system built around 3 years ago and the dvr card died killing the motherboard. So I go to replace it with the same one and I find out it is $652 oh. So I let the boss know and I get an ear full about how we spent money already on the computer and he wants a non computer based system. I tried to let him know pc based is better because we have had no problems for 3 years and the case has excellent cooling but he will not listen. So... here is our setup

old pc based setup was running a euresys picolo tetra card with 500gig hd

We have 16 bnc color cameras. I do not believe there is any sound from them, since there is only one cable per camera.

Boss wants a nonpc based dvr.

Price must not be above $1000 he drilled that into me, He wants price to be more around the $600-$800 range if possible, because of the computer failure already.

Also thank you in advanced for your help.

I have found the 2M-DVR264-16 and it looks good to me, Has anyone had any experiences with this unit?

Haven't heard about that one before. Check newegg, they have about 3 to 4 in your range 700 -1000, lorex and q see. Looks like the come with a 320 or 500 gig hd.