rory

DVRs Global

Ok imagine a software that can work with all DVRs ....

sounds good right ....????

Okay, so lets say we have just basic commands for each DVR, at least we have Live view right ....

anyway ..so I have done Kalatel and Iview .....lets see whats next, DM ... anyone got demos they are willing to open up so we can widen this a little ..alls we need is the web browser software to go ahead and test ...let us know.

Rory

Its already starting its called "open Protocol" or something, a group of companies are doing this, this will be the way all hardware speaks to each other and is a standard protocol for all products, I think many already use this!!

This is a very wishfull thinking, but in my opinion, we are few years away at the moment. This specially refers to all the major manufacturers that do not like to share information among themselves.. This is very true specially in different protocols that each uses to control their own hardware, specifically their domes...

We work with few companies who make special converter boxes that allows mixing and matching different DVRs, software and hardware from various manufacturers, but it is less than perfect.

Will this happen? Well, we will wait and see...

Levon

I've generally found that most companies are very willing to give the PTZ protocols to DVR manufacture types. Bosch, Pelco, Hunt, Sony, and Vicon all gave them up without any grief. Now those are the ones I've personally called to get the protocols.

Thomas,

Are you telling me that Bosch gave you their bi-phase code protocol??? That is very unusual, as we have been trying to get it in the last 10 years... I know their engineers personally who design their domes, controller and switches and I have yet seen them giving this information. Rather, we developed our own converters and translators by capturing codes and translating to another protocol, so that we can control their domes with different switches or control domes made by others using Bosch switchers..

How sure are you that you got their authentic protocol codes???

I also know a company in Mid-West that makes translators for most of known major protocols... and they also had to manually capture codes per function and make different translators themselfs...

Levon

The bosch bi-phase we haven't been able to get. They did give us the Phillips protocols without a hassle. There isn't much point to hiding the protocols anyway though. I know the Phillips works because a client has it out at the site and I moved it remotely.