Sign in to follow this  
Suprfknman

Milestone xprotect basis+ archiving question/issue

Hi my name is Will I own my own business and have several years of electronics experience. I set up and install my own surveillance equipment. I run Milestone xprotect basis+ 9 camera I am currently recording 8 cameras in the 3 mp range. I have 3 arrays 1 2gb fc raid 14 disks totalling 1.6tb for therecording array and 2 larger arrays for archiving. My system has been running fine for several months the megapixel video is amazing compared to my old analog cameras. I had wanted to post some pics at one time to the mp pix thread but it wouldnt let me because I have not had enough posts. Back to the issue on its own the system decided to start archiving on the 1.6tb recording array and no longer archiving on the arrays I had set up to archive on. In the archiving setup screen it shows the archiving paths correctly and I have tested both arrays my moving large files back and forth. I wiped all the recorded video and formatted all 3 arrays this afternoon, reset all paths to where I wanted to archive and started recording again. The system archived one camera to one of the arrays but the others archived to the recording array instead. Can anyone give me any idea why the system is doing this and a solution? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

I've had this problem occasionally, most often due to running out of space in the first day archive location, if you are running MJPEG on the cams, or a high frame rate, you might exceed that first day space.

Xprotect Basis is limited in that regard to only allowing one archiving per day, Professional and Enterprise allow multiple archivings per day.

Also, the first day storage goes from a folder with the camera MAC, then a folder called archives in the first day path, and then the final archiving location, you might have seen it in the middle of that process.

Also, look at the logfile "RecordingServer(date).log in C:\Program Files\Milestone\Milestone Surveillance, that can give some troubleshooting hints.

Make use of Milestone's tech support, too, for as much as they charge, they ought to help!

I will check the log. It does allow me to set multiple archive times I have it set to archive every 2 hours I do use the mjpeg I have some of the cams set to motion only 7fps and some set to 20 frames per minute with 7fps speedup on motion. I havent changed the setup it worked fine for a long time.

Will

Guess it was the older versions of Basis that only allowed one archiving per day, good that they changed it. Maybe the 2 hour archiving is too often, and the previous archiving is not complete by that point.

BTW, the logging is only set for one day by default, you may want to set it for longer to be able to check.

Maybe more motion or noise in the images, triggering more recording, is what changed?

I will say that I have had this problem intermittently on one system, and nobody has figured it out yet...Pretty annoying.