freybear3

lorex L3104 password problem

I have a Lorex L3104 DVR 4 channel system

I don't remember my password to it.

I tried the default 11111111

I tried taking the battery out for 3 minutes.

Neither options worked.

Any other ideas???

Please help!

Are you sure you changed it? I had one the other day, it turned out the admin password is blank, manager 1 is 1, manager2 is 2 and so on...

Hi,

yup, i'm sure its not a default password. i wish it were that simple.

how long a battery have to stay out for it to reset?

Any ideas on which resistor might hard reset it?

Hi,

yup, i'm sure its not a default password. i wish it were that simple.

I hear you there - I imagine tech. support may be your best resource, even though in my experience they have been a little slow. When I emailed it was 1-3 days for a response, when I called it was a few hours before they could call back.[/i]

amsmt- thanks for the reply.

My experience so far -

I called tech support 8 times so far, what a joke that has been!!!

They keep telling me a level tech 2 will call me back, and i have yet to get that call!

All i get is people who cant speak barely any english, and my SHORTEST waiting time on hold has been 47 minutes! The longest has been 3 hours and 14 minutes!

I know one thing, I am NEVER buying a lorex item again!!!

If anyone has any ideas on how to reset this password, please, please, please, let me know. Thanks. [/b]

Anyone come up with a solution yet?

I have took the battery out for 2 weeks now, and no success.

Lorex Tech support is not worth a damn, I can't believe they are able to call themselves tech support.

I am beyond mad at Lorex and their "tech support" I love how when you call it takes an average an hour for them to pick up, then you get pawned off to many "tech support" people, then they say they will transfer you to "level two tech" which suppose to call the next day, ummmmmm it's been over a month now and STILL NO CALL. I have called them on a daily basis trying to figure this out, hoping they get sick of me calling I guess and someone there can finally fix this problem.

This has been a nightmare, complete and udder nightmare. At least be honest and tell me you have no idea on what your doing, instead of telling me a bunch of BS. Lorex tech support sucks! No if and buts about it! Lorex sucks!

I paid over $500 for my system, and this is the B.S. i get from Lorex!!! more like (Lor-ass)

I had the same problem and the company was not responsive. I did finally find the solution to a missing lorex password. It's simple.. just take out the screws holding in the back (the little screws, not the larger ones holding on the monitor section). Inside you will have to unscrew the screws that hold a couple of the smaller attached circuit boards to get to the battery. Just remove the battery and wait for a couple minutes. Re-insert the battery, put the thing back together and VOILA!!! That's it.

-Mike Wright

y2kLeader2@yahoo.com

The battery was out of it for months, and still didn't reset it!

I am so friggin upset at Lorex "tech support" and this friggin dvr......

I had the same problem and the company was not responsive. I did finally find the solution to a missing lorex password. It's simple.. just take out the screws holding in the back (the little screws, not the larger ones holding on the monitor section). Inside you will have to unscrew the screws that hold a couple of the smaller attached circuit boards to get to the battery. Just remove the battery and wait for a couple minutes. Re-insert the battery, put the thing back together and VOILA!!! That's it.

-Mike Wright

y2kLeader2@yahoo.com