bs953

Integral issue

Ok I made the leap and have installed one of my DSRealVue Express units. It works great amazing quality from junk cams.

BUT my issue is that I can't access the unit remotely! No matter what, none of the pc's on my network can get to it either through the remote viewer or DS Control.

1) Opened the ports in my router. Same deal that I had my DX4500 hooked up to, I just changed the names etc same IP address.

2) I set the DVR ip's address thus:

3) I can ping that ip and it is good, I can remote desktop into that DVR and it is all good.

4) I can share files all the way across the board and I can access all of my computers from the dvr etc etc.

5) Firewall exceptions have been put in place on all my machines. The dvr is actually hooked up via switchs, since the lone router is at the start of my networking run.

6) I installed an additional gigbit nic card to see if that would help no go, I am back to the onboard nic.

Now, I have one Pelco ip cam hooked up it is an ip110 and has the latest firmware, but that dvr can't get it to disply live video, it knows that it is there but no live video.

I am wondering what the heck could be the issue here? Perhaps the default dns server on the dvr which I think was 10...... something might need to stay the same? I don't know. So any of the super guru's here have any ideas? Thanx all

Ok I made the leap and have installed one of my DSRealVue Express units. It works great amazing quality from junk cams.

BUT my issue is that I can't access the unit remotely! No matter what, none of the pc's on my network can get to it either through the remote viewer or DS Control.

1) Opened the ports in my router. Same deal that I had my DX4500 hooked up to, I just changed the names etc same IP address.

2) I set the DVR ip's address thus:

3) I can ping that ip and it is good, I can remote desktop into that DVR and it is all good.

4) I can share files all the way across the board and I can access all of my computers from the dvr etc etc.

5) Firewall exceptions have been put in place on all my machines. The dvr is actually hooked up via switchs, since the lone router is at the start of my networking run.

6) I installed an additional gigbit nic card to see if that would help no go, I am back to the onboard nic.

Now, I have one Pelco ip cam hooked up it is an ip110 and has the latest firmware, but that dvr can't get it to disply live video, it knows that it is there but no live video.

I am wondering what the heck could be the issue here? Perhaps the default dns server on the dvr which I think was 10...... something might need to stay the same? I don't know. So any of the super guru's here have any ideas? Thanx all

Try making sure the Windows firewall is turned of in the DVR (you mentioned Remote Desktop into it, so I'm assuming it's Windows based)

And maybe try running the remote software on the DVR box to the local loopback (127.0.0.1), and see if that works.

I hadn't thought of that. I did have the loopback in the unit, but when the ip cam didn't show video (although connected) I went ahead and gave the unit a fixed ip address in the hopes that I would be able to resolve this issue. By the way using the same ip for the other DVR. LOL so much for that. I will give it a whirl

Ok I got it! I even spent an hour + on the phone with Pelco support and they couldn't figure it out....go figure I asked for a job. LOL The simple solution was to run ALL of the XP updates, once that happened all of my W7 machines and my two Vista machines can talk to the DVR now via DS ControlPoint and DS Admin.

These units are real nice! I have three IP cams hooked up now and 6 cruddy cams everything looks great. Now to go with PTZ's. I have four Spectra's being rebuilt.

The next trick? web access without using DS ControlPoint......looks like I am gonna have to dial up my server eh? Thats the only way I can think of jacking into the dvr. Anyways thanx all.