paparaaaapa

Recording Video and Converting it?

Hi there, i was wondering is that possible we can enhance the video after we record it on a DVR and retrieve from it?or taking a snapshot of it and mod it to more better picture quality? Sorry to post it here, i really don't know where should i start this thread anyway.

Thanks in advance.

sure you can tweak things a fair bit. BUT the big problem is how much data you have to work with. a single frame from a medium res analog camera is not a lot of data. theres not much you can do with a 50kB jpeg compared to say a 3000kB jpeg.

i would say i prefer it in BMP then, by the way, is that anyway we can permanently on the infra on the LED? Isn't place a tape on top of the sensor?

Whether you capture to BMP or JPG won't make a significant difference - what he's saying is that the video is already compressed (probably HIGHLY compressed) and as such you're inherently starting off at a fairly low quality image... there's no way around that.

Given that the limiting factors will be normally be resolution and lighting, about all you can really do is denoise and sharpen (edges), as well as the obvious gamma adjustment. I've used AviSynth in the past, which has plenty of plugins for improving video (intended primarily in improving the quality on old VHS recordings). I've also used it to remove irksome dead pixels.

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/External_filters

Hi, you can convert DVR videos to other format also with the help of software, I will try this out as, one of my friend told me about this and he got this at a very affordable price from one web site which guarantees affordable prices with warranty too the name of that web site is [mod edit no store links] and I will try to get through web site.

Thanks!