Sign in to follow this  
madgav

AVC796 "Too many users" / Video Viewer not in Engl

Hi,

I recently replaced my old pc-based home security system with an Avtech AVC796D DVR, which I am very happy with.

However yesterday I installed EagleEyes on my iphone and it worked for a bit. But now it won't log in, and when I try to get in thru Video Viewer it complains that there are "Too many users". I have only been using the admin account, how can there be too many users? Is there a way to log off all of the users it "thinks" it has? And to stop this happening again? I can find nothing in the manual???

Also my copy of Video Viewer, which was supposed to be in English, is obviously not (the text on the windows appears as "???????" etc. Very limited as to what I can do with it!

Would really appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks

Gav.

To change languages:

login to DVR, then click on the second icon at the top of the main window -- it looks like 3 pages of paper. Then click on the hammer and wrench icon (middle, bottom row). A box opens up, click on the 2nd (of two) tabs. This sets the language. Scroll and select the very top selection of the drop down box (it's likely just as unreadable as all the others, but should be English). Click on the button. Close the Viewer and restart it. It should be in English.

To check to see who is logged in:

Click again on the "Miscellaneous Control" (the 3 pages of paper), then click on the DVR with the gear (left icon, bottom row). Click on the + in front of General, and then on Account. Make sure Max User(s) is set to something more than 1, 4 might be a good option.

Click on OnLineUser to see who is logged in.

-Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks a lot for your help!!! I managed to get video viewer language changed, it wasn't exactly the same in my version but hey it works!!!

There were several instances of admin logged in (obviously hadn't been logged off properly) and the IP addresses would inidcate that these were remote logons from eagleeyes (using the mobile network). Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to get these logged out so had to power cycle the DVR. Also while video viewer logged on ok after increasing the maximum number of remote users (using the browser interface), there were no camera images displayed (black screen). A DVR reboot fixed this too.

After rebooting the DVR I tried logging in using 3 different methods: (i) using browser interface; (ii) using video viewer and (iii) using eagleeyes ON THE LOCAL NETWORK USING WI-FI. All of these methods worked fine and logged the user out correctly afterwards.

So I then remotely logged in using eagleeyes on the MOBILE network. This worked fine first time, but second time the app exited unexpectedly and left the user logged in. Don't know if this was due to network problems or whatever. Will have to have a look at it.

Thanks again

Gav.

Hi.

If you are using port 80 (or even 8080) to connect from eagle eyes, you might want to try changing the port forwarding on your router (and on the DVR if needed) to use a different port (like 8061). Mobile operators do all sorts of nasty stuff to traffic on port 80 to reduce bandwidth use that can cause all sorts of problems.

-Craig

I am bringing back this old post as I have the same problem.

I 've tried the above suggestion without success.

Every time I connect to my dvr from eaglee eyes the user does not disconnect, so after some logins I get "too many user logins".

What solution did you find ?

(my dvr is avtech KPD-675)