pearlite TL

Become annoyed now with finding cameras

Can i please get some ideas on a camera that will see at night and be around the 150 to 200 dollar mark and still give good images. (i know the more money the better image but this is what im working with) I have searched and searched and there are so many crap cameras out there and i am afraid i will end up with one. Anyone with experience with the 150 dollar range cams got any suggestions?

I was looking at this particular camera for my gate that is roughly 150 ft away. Is this camera sufficient or no?

This is the LTS High Power (Google it and you will see what I am talking about)

Features:

* 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD

* 540 TV Lines, Sony HQ1

* 8 Pcs. Hi Power IR LEDs plus 22 Pcs. 5mm LED

* Japan Canon 8.0mm - 40.0mm Vari-focal Lens

* 0.01 Lux @ F2.0 (0 Lux IR On)

* IR Distance 60 - 80 Meters (180FT - 240FT)

* Weather Proof IP65 Rating

* 12V DC, 1500mA (IR On)

Now i need 3 other cameras... Can be dome or bullet and hope they can be white or silver if possible. They need to cover an area around 20x20 and so I am thinking a lens around 3.6mm. Need to see at night but will have flood lights helping at night time

or i could move the cameras further back and still run the 6mm vari focal whatever is better for me to accomplish.

Thanks Shane

or can i get some legit sites that i can look at cameras in my price range to pick from and be legit

OK so no comments but here ya go please let me know on this......

I understand using a high quality camera with a crappy DVR is pointless same as a crappy camera with a high quality DVR is pointless.

Here i have in mind of what i want to use. All opinions are excepted and please respond. If you have a better DVR or camera within the same money specs i will consider.

Cameras (around 180 dollars)

http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/product/product.php?inc=spe&seqx_prod=261#p_v1

CNB G1315NF

Specs: * 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD

* High Resolution: 550tvl

* True Day Night (ICR)

* Min. Illumination: 0.1 Lux (B/W)

* Auto White Balance

* AGC/BLC/Flickerless (On/Off)

* 12VDC/24VAC Dual Voltage

DVR:

Digimerge DH200 (around a 4-500 dollar DVR)

Specs:

Channels 4

Hard disk capacity max 2TB (320GB included)

Backup Via USB to Flash & optical drives

Back-up file formats Embedded player/Convertible to AVI

Remote Connect Live View, Live Recording, Search, Set-up, Back-up

Compression H.264 hardware codec

Recording resolutio (NTSC/PAL) 720 x 240 : 60/50 (NTSC/PAL) 720 x 480 : 30/25 (NTSC/PAL)n 360 x 240 : 120/100 (NTSC/PAL) 720 x 240 : 60/50 (NTSC/PAL) 720 x 480 : 30/25 (NTSC/PAL)

Pre/Post alarm recording 5 seconds (Pre); 5 minutes (Post), programmable per camera

Playback Single, Quad, CH Simultaneous

PTZ Control RS-485/RS-422 Interface

Inputs 4 x 1.0Vp-p, CVBS, 75ohms, BNC

Output 1 composite (BNC), 1 spot output, programmable, 1 VGA

Supply voltage 100VAC - 240VAC, 12VDC , 3A, 50/60Hz

Power consumption Approx. 19.2 watts (HDD 250GB)

Operating Temp. Range -32°~104° F / 0° ~ 40° C

also meant to ask as i do not think these cameras come with lenses... What lenses would work good on these and i need to stay around a 3.6 or 4 maybe

If you are happy with B/W cameras then these are the best low light perfomance bang for buck, your budget is too small, its a complicated topic when telling you about low light performance as it depends on so many factors - all f which are generally fudged in the industry...

You need to know what the Lux Rating in Color and B/W is, what size the F Stop of the lens was used for this measurement - was it measured at 50 or 100 IRE - was an aspherical Lens used - what was the transmition factor of the lens - was the measurement made at the target or the camera (scene illumination or reflected) - what was the scene reflectance factor of the environment......does the camera have an IR cut filter etc etc etc

I know this seems a lot like garbage but it is not and it is why a lot of people only buy name branded cameras and lenses.

The short answer is find a low lux camera (b/w is better) check that the fstop on the spec matches the lens that you can afford to buy, if you buy colour get a IR Cut filter camera and use an aspherical IR corrected lens